trollong bite

• Don Hanson

Hello, the trolling bite is still going strong. The eyes were running a shade smaller today. A good variety of other species though. Pike, bass, and perch kept things hopping. One adjustment I did make today, was switching and mixing in some snap jigging. This boated a few more eyes for the day. See ya on the water, Don

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Don, When you are trolling are you mostly live bait trolling 3-ways, bottom bouncers with spinners or are you trolling crankbaits? Thanks, Bill

Don Hanson

Oops, sorry I should have included that. I am pulling floaters and crawler harnesses on 3 ways. I also have been trying to fine tune a snap jigging technique. Anybody have some tips send them my way. Thanks.

Don Hanson

Just put a morning session in, the bite is still going strong. Everything- well almost everything hitting today. Perch, eyes, northerns, smallies. Fast paced action. Hope it stays cloudy all week. see ya on the water, Don.

Don Hanson

The trolling bite was off today, had lots of short hits. We switched to rip jigging. Got into some good pike action.

Don Hanson

When rip jigging I am running the kicker between .8 and 1.5 mph. Using 3/8 ounce jigs tipped with leeches. To start out we let the jig hit bottom, leave it there for a moment and rip it foward. The line is at about a 30 degree angle. This sends the jig rippng through the water about 4 to 6 ft. It is important to keep the line tight and let it fall back to the bottom. All the hits come on the fall back.

I am fishing a flat but I am looking for any type of little bumps or humps. Small rocks, or any small changes.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thanks for the great tips Don!

Don Hanson

The bite was not off for very long. Got back on the water Friday, ended up with a few perch and eyes. see ya onthe water, Don

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.