Menomin 6-19-03

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Got on the water around 4:30 & fished until 9:00. Spent almost the whole time trolling. As in previos reports the trolling bite was good and still catching multiple species. I am suprised at the number of panfish that I am picking up on the shad raps, as I tend to troll at a pretty decent clip. Wound up keeping 3 nice crappies, a decent perch, and one big bluegill. Lots of sub-legal walleyes. Tried some other spots hoping to find some decent walleyes, no luck. Spent the last 20 minutes last night throwing a buzzbait on a weedline & got two largemouth bass for my efforts, a 15″ & a 17″. The fish caught trolling were in 6 – 11 feet of water again. They did show a preference for firetiger & chartreuse/white shad raps this time out. I have a hunch the mid-day trolling bite might be best as the last couple times out it seems like I am just catching the tail end of the trolling action. The warmer weather seems to kicking in the Menomin algae bloom and it won’t be long till the water has that nice astro-turf look we all know & love!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.