Menomin Report 6-12-03

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Been busy chasing bass & pike on Menomin the last few days. The pike are just tearing things up. Really have no idea numbers wise how many slimers I have caught over the last couple days, lets just say it’s a pile! Typical Menomin pike in the 18″ – 24″ range, nothing big but a lot of fun. Been getting most on buzz-baits with a few on spinnerbaits. Almost every weed bed I fished held pike. The shoreline weeds seem to have heavier concentrations of fish right now. Have caught some on main-lake weedbeds, just not as many. Got into a few largemouths today as well. They have been a little more elusive lately. Biggest bass today was 16″. Gave the bass & pike a little break for a while & trolled for ‘eyes. Caught almost everything that swims in Menomin while trolling! More pike, perch, crappies, white bass, smallmouth. Did manage 4 walleyes, 3 sub-legal & one 17″.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Good report on the action on Menomin. I think I may be out there Saturday after work (dang overtime). I will also be out on fathers day.I have some new baits I know those pike will like. Anyone else ever try any of the High Roller lures? A little fishing in the early am then a little more fishing then it’s fire up the grill at Wakanda Park and have a couple of cold ones. All you dads out there happy fathers day Sunday. Hey coot you ever hit Otter,Altoona, Wissota,Cornell,Popple or how about Eau Galle. Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.