Menomin with btmfinder

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

What a beautiful morning to hit the water for a few hours of fishing. We had a tough time finding anything biting and with a few hints from pro staff Don Hanson we ( Gary ) was able to put a couple of fish in the boat. The water temp varied from a little over 61 degrees to 63..5. I saw someone trolling boards and it didn’t look like they were having any luck either. I managed a nice crappie for my time and Gary had several walleye’s and kept the one in the photo for supper. The hot bait (his) was a pink and white jig 1/8th ounce with small crawler kept within inches of the bottom.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Steve:

Let me test my memory and see if it still works. The background to your pic tells me you are in the area south of the I 94 bridge looking to the south. The shoreline would be to the northeast of the park(can’t remember the name, though I can remember watching some great northern lights shows).

If I am right horray, let me know. If I am wrong, telll me to guess again, though I am not sure where I would guess after that. Just thought it would be kind of fun to take a stab at it.

Hope you guys are making some progress against our violating friends!!! Tell TJ I said hi !!!

Mark

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Yep you would be right. We were in the big cove directly across the lake from the fish and game boat landing. Hey Mark I’ll not give you such an easy shot the next time. LOL
    I don’t know if the cold weather slowed things right down or what but the bass or northerns weren’t even taking plugs. I was trying out some of the new High Roller baits and boy do they look great in the water. I’ll have to get back out after them. Hey I didn’t even do to bad with a casting rig. I practiced a little in the yard last weekend as I knew Gary didn’t want a 4 or 5 inch bait zingging around the boat. Only one small rats nest. I guess it just requires more practice. Steve

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Steve:

We used to icefish in that neck of the woods for walleye and jumbo perch!!! The one year we had 20 some of the perch and all of them were 3/4 of a pound or better. There was a time that year we had all three places in the sportman’s ice tourney. We only ended up in 2nd and 3rd, but great fun. My nephew is moving into the area and living on the south side of Menomonie this fall and I will let you know when we will be down.

Don’t get too tough with the next picture!!! LOL

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.