Tainter/Menomin Report

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Spent a little time on both of these lakes opening weekend. Started on Tainter saturday. Got my limit of ‘eyes there (of course it is a 2 fish limit). Kept a 16″ & an 18″ for the pan. Caught some shorts and lost another one approx. 18″ at the boat. Spent a few hours that afternoon on Menomin. All we were able to manage was a couple small northerns. Fished Menomin on sunday. Had one ‘eye in that 20″-22″ range at the boat, but not in the net (would have released that fish anyway), caught another eye 16″ (released). Those were the only bites I had targeting eyes. Switched up & went for bass for about an hour. Had more action than I expected. Had a fair number of follows and blow-ups. Managed to put a couple largemouth in the boat with the biggest going just shy of 16″. The walleye action on both Tainter & Menomin came in water of 8+ feet on a combination of Nuckle Ball Jig / Berkley Power Tail / Fathead. The bass action on Menomin was in water of 5- feet on a buzzbait.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Coot nice report. I don’t know what you were in out on Menomin but I was out in the wind on Sunday.The only fish that I could get in the boat were northerens. You ever fish lake George for gills? Steve

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Never fished for gills on George. Usually chasing largemouths when I head down there. Did catch quite a few crappies through the ice on George this winter. That wind was really something on sunday! Glad I was on a small pond that day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.