Lake Menomin Conditions

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Drove by Lake Menomin yesterday and the ice is almost gone. Well it will be soon. The ice is breaking away from shore and I saw some whitecaps out on the middle of the lake. Just thought I would throw out the FYI.

Good Fishin’ Boys
    Brian Amundson

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Lake Menomin Update, the lake is close to being totally ice free. Just checked it out today. I would say the sometime next week the ice will be gone. But remember that is just a guess.

Good Fishing

Brian Amundson

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Yep I would have to agree. The far south end of the lake is still iced in but it is ugly ice. If you know the lake the pine trees are still on the ice.My guess is the crappies and perch should be in the slough. Brian do you fish the lake? Steve

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Steve,

I go to college at Stout and I actually have not yet fished the lake. I keep my boat at home in Northfield, MN during the school year and I am slowly but surely getting an ice fishing rig together but this up and coming year I am going to hit it pretty hard for panfish through the ice.

leinieman

Hey Brian what exactly is an ice fishing rig? If you want to hit the lake sometime I go out there a lot with the boat and you are welcome to join me sometime. Remember though that when I hit the lake the fish usually stop biting. If you need to know some spots for shore fishing the rivers I can help you out there as well or if you want to float the Red Cedar or Chippewa I have a 12 foot flat bottom that you are welcome to use (it only leaks a little) Steve

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Thanks Steve,

I might just have to take you up on that offer. Once I can get all of this dang homework done. Being an upperclassmen at college has it’s postives and negatives. Thanks again for the offers….I will take you up on that sometime!

leinieman

I thought the only thing that upper classmen got were the babes. What is a icefishing rig that you were talking about in an earlier post. Steve

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Steve:

Got a chance to go through Downsville and Menomonie this last weekend. I was even towing the boat. What a drag I couldn’t have dropped her in for a couple of hours, but the little lady was waiting for me to return for Easter celebrations. Stopped in to see my old friend John Widmar at TJ’s Inn in Downsville. I tried to talk him into coming north to Chequamegon a couple of weeks ago, but it just didn’t quite work out. He was cooking lunch and got to talk to him for 10 minutes.

I was on my way back from hunting turkey in the Trempeauleau area. Also got to fish with Fluekiger again. I really seem to bring him bad luck. He has done a great job with the shitty weather that has followed me the last two years. Always great to get to that area, since I am Stout alum also. Good luck with your season this year and it is nice to see someone offer to help people post as you always do!!!

mbenson

leinieman

Wish I new you were around, we might have been able to hook up for a skidder burger from TJ’s and a couple of my favorite cold ones. Let me know the next time your going be in the area and if I’m off work we’ll have a couple of cold ones. Thanks for the kind words on helping people out. Anyone out there need a favorite photo scaned and put on the site just hollar. Steve

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.