MenominTainterWalleyeLeagueweek4

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Just a quick post to update on how the league is going. Week 4 found the guys back up on lake Tainter (thanks Jesse for filling in for Tim-even though I know he was bummed he could not fish). Boy, that lake greened up quick, which due to the change in water color, tends to turn both Menomin and Tainter into daytime bites and actually makes the evening bite little different. Overall, as with anything, it takes time to adjust techniques, learn a system that is unfamiliar during that time of the day, etc., well as people are learning REALLY FAST that 3 hours goes by quicker than you think. Overall, the feedback has been astounding, things are moving smoothly (far smoother than expected) and we are not sweating the small stuff-some things you just have to learn as you go along, which will make next year even better! Overall for last week, livebait, pitching leeches and crawlers shallow, working down the break into 20 feet of water water was the overall ticket-other tactics that put eyes in the boat was trolling breaklines off bars. Those that found eyes caught fish (one boat alone catching approx. 25 eyes and our boat catching least 10 eyes), if you had a dollar for a 13-14.5 inch walleye, you’d be a rich man. For this week on Menomin, look for a hot trolling bite to set up, well as slip bobbering and pitching livebait—Menomin has put out some GREAT eyes this year, in league and general fishing-last week alone a 30 inch fish and 28 inch fish(which I took the picture of) were caught and many in the lower 20’s. The concensus is, guys are looking forward to this week.

Remember, we are limited to 19 boats and more guys are inquring every week–the format of CatchRecordRelease IMHO is the ONLY WAY to go—thank you AIM, specifically Scot Fairbairn and others, for coming up with this revolutionary and cutting edge formula. Local fisherman love it, league guys love it and our league has had nothing but positive press due to this format.

IMHO, this is the future of walleye tournament fishing!

Good luck and follow all the action at allwalleyes.com

Jeremy

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks for allowing me to fill Tim’s shoes and be your net man. Congrats on taking big fish and 2nd place for the week Doc. That really is a fun league to fish with a great group of fellow fisherman. You guys really have a good thing going out there

I look forward to my next M/T League fishing trip

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.