Mega live mounted on Ultrexx

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Just curious, do people mount the Mega Live transducer on the Ultrexx shaft very often? I see many have the rod that mount on the boat and has a handle. I know spot lock can likely screw your image up. I’m sure it works well, but the rod and handle looks like a pain. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sam

wormdunker

Humminbird.com has a support link that provides manuals on how to mount the ML on Ultrex. I had my ML on my Ultrex for a period of time then Target lock came out and I added Target Lock. I move my ML to an Ice pole in the winter.

Increasingly I am seeing professional bass fishermen installing ML on the Ultrex, not using Target Lock. I assume that is because it is faster to turn the ML on the Ultrex vs Target Lock.

All that said, if you decide to install on your ultrex shaft, I have a cable routing kit for sale. The kit is made by Ashmore Marine. It is literally brand new. so let me know if you are in need.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks, Wormdunker. I’m going to make sure my Helix is new enough. I think it’s Gen 4.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Thanks, Wormdunker. I’m going to make sure my Helix is new enough. I think it’s Gen 4.

Gen 4 will work if I Bass fished I would really consider mounting it on the trolling motor. Casting an area like a shore line set mega live at an angle towards the bank at about a 45 and see everything coming up before you get there. Trolling open water chasing schools of Walleyes your using the trolling motor to follow the school dosen`t get any easier.

When I get mine it will be mounted on a pole that I can move around the boat. One place would be at the console so I can scan while using the big motor, once on fish either fish from the side of the boat or move it up front to fish from the front deck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.