Mega live boat mount options for Alumacraft’s Alumatrac.

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Researching Mega Live options. I would like to use it on my boat’s Alumatrac along with an ice fishing set up. I’m not interested in trolling motor mounts or electric turning. I would like to attached to the side on my boat near the back.

Humminbird has a Spring Opener Promotion including a $500 rebate on Helix’s this month, BUT not the Ice fishing bundle that would give me the option for boat and ice. Buying a Helix 9 Ice bundle and Mega Live hand control is $4700+tax. That would give me 2 Mega Live transducers and I only need the 1. I found I can get a Helix 9 head only and ice bundle somewhere else for $2700+tax. But then I need a boat mount/pole.

I saw on Jon Thelen’s boat (Destination-Fish) that he had a nice set up from ArcLab including an Alumatrac bracket. But they don’t seem to want my business since the don’t return my “contact us form”, email and phone call. I have some questions before I spend $500+ on the pieces to make it work.

Google gives me several options but I’m looking for real life experiences from people I can trust. What are you liking in boat Mega Live pole mounts??? Im sure I can make floor or side mount work for the Alumatrac. Also any good/bad with Humminbird’s Ice Bracket??

Another question. How long is the transducer wire on the Ice Bundle. In the picture it looks pretty short. Extension? Still waiting on a call back from Humminbird.

Gregg Gunter

I had the same experience with Arclab. They must be busy. I’m looking at TKI. They replied immediately to me, it’s a US company, similar price. Tom Boley used one on his Alumacraft.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Fishing Specialties is another option to look at. They use a Cisco brand Alumatrac mount. Their mounting system was the only one I could find that accommodated the Humminbird ice pole. I had the ice helix live package and didn’t want to spend extra to get an aftermarket pole for the boat. Wanna say it was around $200-250 for the Cisco mount, FS bracket, and FS sleeve piece for the HB pole.

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

I have the Brew City mount on Traxstech mounts for the Alumatrac system. I have only a limited time with it last year, but really liked it. I can move it from fishing from the bow to back behind the console if needed. I am running a Competitor 205 fyi.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Here is the Fishing Specialties mount. I can’t find a photo of it with the HB pole.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4724.jpeg

Gregg Gunter

The wires are about 8’ long on my ice bundle.

Dan Baker

I just orded from TKI. It is expensive, but it is a complete kit. I originally bought the Mega Live Ice Kit, then ended up needing to buy a new pole to mount to the boat. I bought the Giegertec mount, which was quite spendy. And it has been a real let down. It’s not quick or simple to deploy and pull in, and over the course of a year’s use, I wore down two of the three tension points so all the teeth are gone. Now it’s pretty much useless. So for being ~$500 for two poles, a mount, and setting it up, I have to basically start over. Now for $540 the TKI kit is totally complete for open water. I am really excited to get it on the boat.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Thanks for help. The Fishing Specialties mount with the Alumatrac clamp looks to be what I’m going with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.