Mega Live

• Jacob J Preston

What’s up everybody?! Quick question on the Mega Live, just hooked everything up, once i go to mega live screen, the unit tells me Mega Live disabled – Out of water? My transducer is in water? Anyone else have to deal with this on their Mega Live? It worked right for like 5 seconds then went to this message. Any help would be much appreciated!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Is it showing up in the accessory menu is it hooked direct or to ethernet box? Latest updates done and what unit?

Allen R Kugler

make sure you have all your updates for the mega and your control head done. humminbird will guide you thru it. you will need an sd card to download and install.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

What do you think of it? I’m a HB guy. I’ve heard Panoptics is the best. I don’t want to switch my units out— too pricey. I’m interested, but need to hear some good reviews. Thanks

mojogunter

I think in most circles and honest reviews. It seems that the Garmin Livescope generally is a little better product when you compare the two side by side. It isn’t that mega live isn’t good. Mega live just isn’t quite as good. I would say the opposite about mega SI when it is compared to the Garmin SI. I have both and prefer the bird for SI.

Karry Kyllo

I’m a Humminbird guy too but I run Garmin LiveScope with an ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv right beside a Helix 12 that I use for 2d, DI and SI because I wanted the best live imaging that I could get and I wanted the best DI and SI that I could get. I use an airmar transducer for 2d on my Helix also(fantastic images). I use another Humminbird strictly for mapping.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

So far running Mega Live on Helix 12 Gen 3 am very happy with it, does take some tweaking and nice not to have blind spots.

Gregg Gunter

What’s up everybody?! Quick question on the Mega Live, just hooked everything up, once i go to mega live screen, the unit tells me Mega Live disabled – Out of water? My transducer is in water? Anyone else have to deal with this on their Mega Live? It worked right for like 5 seconds then went to this message. Any help would be much appreciated!

This is an older post but I had this issue on the ice. The fix was to go to Setup and turn off the 2d transducer. And in Accessories or Power Button turn on Mega Live pinging.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.