Meatheads in red wing

• Deleted

Got a couple steaks today after my rooster shot injection in my knee. Meat shop in red wing (meatheads) has these fantastic little (3/4 lb) steaks! Damn they’re delicious ! I must be getting old tho cause I couldn’t eat the last 1/3 of my steak and neither could the bride. Steak & eggs tomorrow !!

Attachments:
    1. 95E83E17-60B2-468A-9C51-9FAE9F2C4EEA.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I drive by that place once a month headed to hagar city. often think of stopping there to check it out but never do!!!!!!!

Deleted

It’s worth a stop, I just get the steaks. They call them “Tender Cut” but I think the real name would be petite tender. It’s a boneless steak that cooks & eats like filet mignon as far as I’m concerned.

Attachments:
    1. C34ACB3D-08F9-4C78-A042-A5FAD7A170F6.jpeg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Ok you got me!
    I thought you were referring to
    Meathead Goldwyn

Attachments:
    1. Meathead-Goldwyn-625x602.jpg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Fareway has the same cut if I’m viewing these right. Are yours about 5 to 7 dollars a pound? I wrap them in bacon and slow grill them for a while then flame sear em! gotta keep tabs on the IT tho cause they need to be served at a rare to medium rare 125 to 130 tops.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

lol, I thought this post was going to be about the annual april rush of anglers to P4 and every single sauger/walleye going into the livewell…dang I was way off.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m not knocking Meatheads because I frequent there as well, but for more variety in cuts and BACON check out
    Buchanan’s Grocery in Red Wing. (use the link for directions)

It’s off the beaten path but worth the drive IMHO.

It was sold after being in one family forever and I believe they are having a ribbon cutting this weekend(?) I met the new owner a while back. Seemed like a great guy and knew his meat (so to speak).

The thick cut double smoked apple bacon is awesome!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Opps Ribbon Cutting is today at noon.
    “Join us for an Official Ribbon Cutting on Wednesday, Feb 12th,12:00 PM sponsored by Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce! Have a chance to meet and chat with the new owner as well as the friendly staff. We will be serving light refreshments featuring Boar’s Head meats and cheeses, Jenny Lind Bakery treats, and Buchanan’s smoked meat sticks😃Pick up some of our great specials while you’re in and live deliciously!”

Coletrain27

Not a fan of meatheads. There store couldn’t even make it in Rochester and closed. They weren’t around very long. Haven’t been there in years so maybe there better now than my experiences.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I’m not knocking Meatheads because I frequent there as well, but for more variety in cuts and BACON check out

Spam been scratched off the protein list?

Deleted

Used to be $6.99/lb….now $10.99/lb

I guess people caught on to them so supply and demand?

I’ll have to check out fareway & Buchanan’s.

I usually just buy the steaks & brats.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I keep reading this as “meth heads in red wing” whistling

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Used to be $6.99/lb….now $10.99/lb

I guess people caught on to them so supply and demand?

I’ll have to check out fareway & Buchanan’s.

I usually just buy the steaks & brats.

Sirloin Strip Steak. ALSO KNOWN AS: Sirloin Cap, Mock Tri-Tip

It is the most tender part of the sirloin. Although it’s not as robust as a ribeye, the sirloin strip steak is lean and easier to trim.

ps, I read this thread as “MEATHEAD’S IN RED WING”.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

The tearmalolgy of cuts is so confusing and from store to store. Now, that I am so focused on the shoulder nearest to the rib eye that kinda of looks like the muscle right under the chuck eye. If it is, it’s a wonderful cut thats surprisingly lean that surpasses a sirloin cut by any means. I hope that I wrong.

Deleted

If anyone knows where they might sell it cheaper, I’d go for a road trip to buy a pile of it for the freezer. I used to go buy $150 worth at a time when it was $6.99/lb but now I just buy a couple for supper once in a while when I’m passing by.

riverruns
    Inactive

Is this a cut you could buy and cut yourself? If it’s a bigger cut of meat that is cut into something smaller that would be good too look into?

Deleted

Is this a cut you could buy and cut yourself? If it’s a bigger cut of meat that is cut into something smaller that would be good too look into?

Not sure. I was told that it was part of the shoulder clod so possibly. I don’t know if sams or Costco might sell while clods?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I know that Sams used to sell whole 1/2 clods. I purchased a whole clod, literally, from Fareway a couple of years ago. The dang thing weighed twice as much!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.