Marion lake

Trying Marion lake (lakeville) for the first time this week. Am I wasting my time? Any advice?

TMF89

I used to fish it more when I was growing up. The only deep part is that big bay to the right of the launch. Lots of weeds all over, can be good for bass and pike, although I’ve never got anything big. I’ve heard there are walleye in there, but I’ve never found em.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

It’s like a lot of metro lakes – bass and pike on the weed edges. If I remember, a ton of small pannies that should be easy to find relating to the weeds as well.

I’d throw spinners or swim baits in and around the weeds and you’ll probably raise some decent bass or pike.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

These guys hit the nail on the head. There are walleye in there, but few and far between. Also, it gets super busy with recreational boaters so get out early or stay late, and don’t plan on fishing the deeper parts as that is where most rec boaters are required to stay.

rjohnson8404

I live in Lakeville and avoid that lake at all costs unless its super late season post labor day and most of the clowns have started to put there rec boats away

Ended up fishing from 6:30-2. Tried for crappies for a bit but mostly bass. Very slow, caught 2 nice bass flipping docks but couldn’t get anything to bite off the weed edge even though we marked a lot of fish

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.