Marine general deals

• Gitchi Gummi

Marine general currently has a 50% off deal on all remaining inventory of ice suits/bibs/jackets along with gloves mittens and hats and all that good stuff.

Great time to get some new gear for about as cheap as you can get on this stuff… while supplies lasts of course

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks I think, just bought a Striker Predator Float Suit for $306.00 shipped to my door. Man I spend a lot of money because of this forum. shock

JEREMY
    BP

Ya you shouldnt spend all that money on yourself. If you want I can give you my address and you can spend it on me.

Gitchi Gummi

Thanks I think, just bought a Striker Predator Float Suit for $306.00 shipped to my door. Man I spend a lot of money because of this forum.

no no no.. you gotta spin it like “Man I SAVE a lot of money because of this forum”.. at least if you need justification for the FW

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

no no no.. you gotta spin it like “Man I SAVE a lot of money because of this forum”.. at least if you need justification for the FW

Oh trust me that’s how it will go down! rotflol

CaptainMusky

Marine General is a very good shop. I bought my Striker Ice Suit from them at the ice show. Best deal by far!

Gitchi Gummi

Marine General is a very good shop. I bought my Striker Ice Suit from them at the ice show. Best deal by far!

its dangerous when you can walk into their physical store… Each time I walk in their door, it costs me a minimum of $100

Ripjiggen

Just keep pealing layers away from the walls you are bound to find something you like. jester

CaptainMusky

its dangerous when you can walk into their physical store… Each time I walk in their door, it costs me a minimum of $100

haha! Ive never made it to the actual store. Mistakes were made when I bought my striker suit at the ice show. It was the first thing I bought and I carried it around for the rest of my time there. I still dont think the feeling has come back into my fingers.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I seen this post last year and bought a Strikemaster float suit. Glad winter finally showed up in Iowa, might be able to finally use it soon.

CaptainMusky

I seen this post last year and bought a Strikemaster float suit. Glad winter finally showed up in Iowa, might be able to finally use it soon.

Are you getting hammered with snow where you are? Holy smokes I have seen some of the total from this week!

OG Net_Man

Pricing for ice suits seams to have been trending northward each year. Final price after 50% off does not seem so special….

duh queen

Russ is salt of the earth! (Even if he does allow gitch or the “queen” in his store).
    If something I need is available locally, locally is where I’ll buy it if it’s up to 20% more than an online price. We’ve got to take care of our local merchants…..or lose them.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steven Krapfl wrote:</div>

Are you getting hammered with snow where you are? Holy smokes I have seen some of the total from this week!

I got a post with a pick out my back door. Snow is slowing down, but the winds are supposed to be picking up and there’s a blizzard warning until noon tomorrow.

Gitchi Gummi

Russ is salt of the earth! (Even if he does allow gitch or the “queen” in his store).
    If something I need is available locally, locally is where I’ll buy it if it’s up to 20% more than an online price. We’ve got to take care of our local merchants…..or lose them.

Until you provide that dnr study, your credibility is toast around here. Not that you ever had any to begin with anyways.

acarroline

Not finding this sale on their website.

James Almquist

On the Home page on the top right is Specials. Click on it and go to Winter Clothing Specials.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Pricing for ice suits seams to have been trending northward each year. Final price after 50% off does not seem so special….

No kidding! I remember getting the first year Striker Predator floatsuit for around $200 at the ice show. what was funny is that all the dealers there made a pledge to not undersell each other but when i asked for the price from Reeds, they beat Marine Generals lowest deal by $20.

B-man

Headed to the store now….Wish me luck jester

B-man

Well we got out of there $380 lighter in the wallet doah

Dad got a new set of Baffin Impact boots for $125 (regular price $250) and an 8″ Eskimo Pistol bit for $160 (regular price $229).

The boys got new Kamik boots for next year at 50% off, a heavy pike/laker rod and some jig/fly tying stuff.

Everything would normally have cost around $700. Corey and Russ are awesome yay

MX1825

B-man you need to have BOTH boys push carts. Sounds like you got off cheap! devil

AK Guy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Me too. I call it my hundred dollar habit.

Every chance I get I support Marine General and Reed’s. I don’t want to see the end of family outdoor stores.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I think Reeds, Marine General and others like Franks can survive because of the locations. I have spent thousands there because of the honest prices and top notch service and shipping and I hope others consider them too.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I see 3 levels of Striker gear. What is the Go-To model?
    Im guessing the middle one since the smallest targets run and gun and the biggest is really expensive.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I went Predator which I think is the middle level

B-man

The boys took the Pistol Bit box to make a rocket launcher and found a surprise that I had no idea about inside the bottom woot

Glad I didn’t just stomp it down and put it in the recycling can

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240115-135539.png

ThunderLund78

I’ve never been to Marine General but it’s on my list next time I’m in Duluth (and unfortunately I’m not there very often). But I was in Grand Rapids over the weekend for a hockey tournament and checked out Glen’s Army Navy Outdoors. I think maybe a similar type of place? Local place, lots of big name stuff for NOT big name prices. And it seemed well staffed with friendly and knowledgeable folks. Thought “Army Navy” was a weird name for the place, but maybe they used to deal in surplus? There was a lot of camo gear.

B-man

The General is a tiny store packed to the gills with stuff. They keep a lot of things in connexs where you can’t see them, so if you don’t see what you’re looking for just ask waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve never been to Marine General but it’s on my list next time I’m in Duluth (and unfortunately I’m not there very often).

Same. I much prefer to shop in person than online too. Schools in EP was packed today. Must be a lot more people who have the day off than I thought.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

B-man I just bought a pistal bit and was surprised to see the spare blades as well. Turns out they are in there because the blades that are attached to the auger have an incorrect pitch on them and do not cut worth a crap. You might as well try it out, but if it is like mine it will just shave and not cut. Should be able to swap them out with the replacements and it will work as it should. Did some searching on the internet and I guess it is a known issue.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.