marijuana might be legal! Really?

• Gitchi Gummi

bout dam time! the fact that weed is illegal while alcohol is legal is incredibly dumb and hypocritical.

CaptainMusky

I wonder if they will do what Canada did when they legalized it and scrub all weed-related offenses from people’s records?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

bout dam time! the fact that weed is illegal while alcohol is legal is incredibly dumb and hypocritical.

Agreed. Weed should been legal long ago

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve been enjoying the gummies ever since they became legal.

ryancs

I wonder if they will do what Canada did when they legalized it and scrub all weed-related offenses from people’s records?

It is part of the bill. 60,000 possible expungements according to the Star Tribune.

I’m curious to see how this affects my line of work (construction, local 563 if anyone cares). Peoples use of weed is an open secret but if it becomes legal I wonder if it’ll be out in the open. Getting hurt and testing positive wouldn’t be good, even if it’s legal.

Ripjiggen

^^^Doesnt mean it is legal to use at work just like you can’t drink on the job. You can easily test for both.
    One obviously is a little more instant but testing nonetheless.

Oh by the way it is already legal here. Has been for over a year now. You can by in gummy form just about anywhere.

ryancs

^^^Doesnt mean it is legal to use at work just like you can’t drink on the job. You can easily test for both.

Oh by the way it is already legal here. Has been for over a year now. You can by in gummy form just about anywhere.

My bad, I guess I should have been more clear. I wasn’t talking about people using at work, you’d have to be real dumb to do that.

I meant testing positive since it stays in your body for some time. So it’s possible to get hurt at work and test positive but not be high at the time. I just wonder how that scenario would be handled. I can see a company using that to finagle their way out of as much responsibility as they can.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The stuff that’s legal is only a percentage of what it should be and is a wildly overpriced. Limited milligram is hardly saying pot is legal.

Ripjiggen

Just eat the whole bag BC. jester
    It is always going to be more expensive to buy legally just like any good.

Michael Best

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

My bad, I guess I should have been more clear. I wasn’t talking about people using at work, you’d have to be real dumb to do that.

I meant testing positive since it stays in your body for some time. So it’s possible to get hurt at work and test positive but not be high at the time. I just wonder how that scenario would be handled. I can see a company using that to finagle their way out of as much responsibility as they can.

For the company I work for it won’t matter. We work nation wide and have done work in other states that have legalized grass.
    If you test positive for a new hire you won’t be hired. If you test positive for a random or post accident you will be terminated. At least that is the policy for the company I work for.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I get what you are saying. I am sure companies can still have zero tolerance policies. Especially those that use heavy equipment or truck drivers and such. Will be interesting like you said to read the fine print at hiring.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just eat the whole bag BC. jester
    It is always going to be more expensive to buy legally just like any good.

Oh God lol, I’d be broke if I had to eat the entire bag. They are better to make at home. It’ll be nice to not have to deal with Johnny law to have a ounce in your possession.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

I’m going to guess we still won’t be able to test positive being in the union. But it just depends on who you work for and how much you mean to the company. I haven’t been tested in 13 years with my company. Even when I got hit in the face 8 years ago with a saw, went in and got stitched up and on the Dr note it said no urine analysis required.
    I know other laborers who seem to get random tests all the time

Charles

It’s kinda of legal now it’s a certain percentage and does contain thc. This law is full blown usage with no limits.

Another than that certain plants and 1.50lb of pot, the little details.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

And two ounces in public…good lord with how potent it is now, why would you need that much???

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m happy to be a lightweight for now. 2 of the 5mg gummies gets me pretty buzzed. I just wish they didn’t have to be sugary candies with young kids in the house.

ryancs

I’m going to guess we still won’t be able to test positive being in the union. But it just depends on who you work for and how much you mean to the company. I haven’t been tested in 13 years with my company. Even when I got hit in the face 8 years ago with a saw, went in and got stitched up and on the Dr note it said no urine analysis required.
    I know other laborers who seem to get random tests all the time
    [/quote]

Are you a laborer as well then?
    I’ve only been tested once. And only because Ferrel Gas required it. The contractor didn’t care.

Deuces

Hopefully brings down costs, my seltzers are getting spendy. Last 4pack was $60, to be fair they were 25mg each shock

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

With all the taxes it will still be cheaper on black market

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

So it still has to pass the Senate? Is that just a formality at this point?

Gitchi Gummi

I get what you are saying. I am sure companies can still have zero tolerance policies. Especially those that use heavy equipment or truck drivers and such. Will be interesting like you said to read the fine print at hiring.

I’d much rather have my hands in the life of a heavy equipment operator who smoked a joint last night versus one who drank 12 beers and had a few whiskey cokes and their breath smells like the bottom of a whiskey jar when they clocked into work in the morning

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

And two ounces in public…good lord with how potent it is now, why would you need that much???

I’m guessing this will probably be close to the max amount you can buy at the legal pot shop and transport “in the public” back to where you call home.

-J.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The stuff that’s legal is only a percentage of what it should be and is a wildly overpriced. Limited milligram is hardly saying pot is legal.

I have found many places that have gummies that are over the 5% thc limit for sale. Many times at cheaper prices.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I have found many places that have gummies that are over the 5% thc limit for sale. Many times at cheaper prices.

Maybe so, but still just not as good

Gitchi Gummi

Maybe so, but still just not as good

Agreed. The delta 9 and delta 8 or whatever it is, and the hemp derived thc just isn’t the same as the real stuff.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The stuff I’m getting that is 15% per gummy is just as good. Only difference is it takes an hour to hit you so you just have to plan a little more.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Did a little more research. Guess the Senate votes on it Friday.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Who knew this would be the least controversial topic on IDO since Sharon’s Dessert thread!?!?! Btw Sharon I have a great business idea for you…. jester

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.