Marcum Showdown 5.6

• Zachary Dosen

What’s going o neveryone? Im a strong believer in my vexilar but a buddy is selling a Showdown. He barely used and I’m not sure he knew how lol. Just wanted to see if any one else has used this flasher.

Bryan Shelton

I have been looking for one for
    My dad. How much does he want for it?

What’s going o neveryone? Im a strong believer in my vexilar but a buddy is selling a Showdown. He barely used and I’m not sure he knew how lol. Just wanted to see if any one else has used this flasher.

Zachary Dosen

He wanted 250 I told him that was too much. He said he was going to post it. I seen another in Woodbury a guy posted for 240 on Craigslist.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I have the SD 5.6 Dual Beam love it also have the Show Down Ice Troller. The 5.6 DB has excellent target separation. Is easy to use great battery life. I would say I like it better than my LX5. It is more reliable too. My hardly used LX5 required a motor replacement @ $80.00. The only bad thing is that I dont think they are very durable. I have never had a problem but I take care of my equipment.

I think it is the most underrated unit only because it is a gray scale and not color.

Bob

maddogg

I use the vertical chart and a graph on my Marcum LX6 all the time.

Slabhunter

I have an LX 7 and the Showdown Troller….when I go up North of DL and hike thru the woods to some of my “hidden ponds” in search of crappies I need to pack tight/small so I always bring my SD Troller…has never failed me in the 4+ years I’ve had it.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I sometimes start with the troller thinking I will switch to the SD 5.6 or my LX5 or my LX7 when I had it once I get on fish . But I sometimes just keep using the troller it just works and I never feel Im at a disadvantage.

I really wanted my LX7 to work out but one update would fix one issue and make another issue and then no updates for two years and I figured I been “beta testing” long enough. Maybe I will come back to it once I hear enough positives. But these new Helix Gen 2’s look promising. But I will wait to hear more. Not gonna be a “beta tester” any more. Not for how much they get for them.

The troller just works

Anthony E Erba

I concur with the “underrated” label. For those of us with red/green color-blindness, the Showdown enabled me to use electronics for fishing. $250 for a 1-year old unit seems fair since I paid $350 for a new unit in Feb 2017.

Jay Johnson
    Morrison, IL

I’m looking for a second Showdown 5.6.my teenage son has taken mine over. I’ve been using my lowrance elite-5 off my boat but prefer the showdown.

djshannon
    Crosslake

I have used my Showdown 5.6 exclusively for the last 7 years. I used it in 6′ and 100+’ of water. It has never failed me. I paid under $200 off of Craigslist.

If Marcum would come out with a color Showdown, I would serious think of upgrading.

Brandon S

I had the smaller troller version and it did the job. One unit went bad within a few weeks, and was replaced. I have a FL-18 now, and my 7 year old son uses the old Marcum because it very easy to read bottom, where your lure and the fish are. Think I paid about $200 for mine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.