Marcum LX5i

• dave-t
    Mac-Groveland, St. Paul

Was looking into buying a Marcum LX5i was curious what other owners had to say about them. I’m currently using a vexilar FL8 so I know this would be a nice upgrade. Has anyone ran into problems with this Marcum?

Tyler Warner

LX5 is a great unit! Shared my dad’s before I went digital and bought an LX6.

gary d
    cordova,il

I have an old LX-5 and it work great. I fish shallow from 3ft. to 5ft. It works for me. Works even better in deep water. It has always worked just like the ads talks about.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have been using an LX-5 for the past 6 years, bought it second hand and it hasn’t had a single problem. Rock solid. I’m sure the 5i will treat you nicely.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Awesome unit. I have owned 3 LX-5’s over the past dozen or so years and never had an issue with any of them. Each time I’ve upgraded to a new unit I’ve passed them down to my friends and they are all still running strong.

I am planning to upgrade to the new M5 with a lithium shuttle again this year and I will also be letting go of an original LX5 that has been lightly used as my backup until for the past 4 years. If you’re interested shoot me a PM.

Will

royalfish

I like the Marcum over the Vexilars and the 5i is better than the old style.

That said, I own three LX5 units and I am constantly having to send them in for rebuilds. I have now sent a unit in each of the last three years. One unit was just rebuilt about 18 months ago and is again out of service. Marcum will not stand behind the product or their rework and it is very frustrating. I will likely be switching over to Vexilar units in the next year or so as I have heard they will stand behind their products. It is too bad as I like the Marcum units but can’t justify dropping $100 on shipping/rebuild every other year when the whole unit costs $400+/-.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The Marcum LX-5i is a terrific unit when it’s working. I had to send mine in last winter, the second season it was in use, because the bottom was bouncing all over the place and a fan needed replacement. I don’t believe it cost me anything aside from shipping, but it took almost four weeks to replace the brush fan that was defective. Aside from that episode, the unit has been a gem. I don’t think theres a better $400 unit out there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.