marcum lx3tc battery charger

• tracy fordham
    barrie ont

The battery charger I got with it worked great. The red light would come on and the green light when charged. This year (my second year with it) just green light all the time. Got a new charger from Marcum – same thing, just green light. The flasher works well, 2 – 3 hours using it no problem. My question is whether it is charging it. Now it is at the end of the season and I won’t be using it for awhile. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it is the battery just going dead?

Thanks for your input.

CaptainMusky

That is a known problem, no matter what Marcum seems to do their chargers seem to be plagued with issues. If you have a digital voltmeter you could set it at DC, get a reading from the battery, then plug in the charger and do the same thing. You should get a higher reading if it is charging the battery.
    If not, the charger is toast.
    I just purchased the same unit and so far the charger seems to work, a buddy bought his at the beginning of the season and it quit working already.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>
    Use a smart charger and be done with it.

Yep…. get a Battery Tender Jr…….

http://www.powersportsplace.com/parts/dtn-021-0123?seid=pspse1&gclid=COjsq4HbwssCFQctaQod5xgPBg

X3
    I use a battery tender they work better and you can used them to charge other 12v batteries. My charger stayed red all the time on my LX7. Went with a battery tender and never looked back. Regardless of whose electronics you use the supplied chargers are cheap and made to a price point.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

My charger did the same thing after about 6 weeks on a brand new unit I bought in January.

It is NOT charging when the green light is on. I confirmed that when I ran it out of juice after about 6 trips.

I spent the latter portion of the season charging my Marcum with my Humminbird charger.

tracy fordham
    barrie ont

I got a charger for my sleds but it a 2amp tender is that too much?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

The Battery Tender is a smart charger that drops down to milli-amps to maintain a charge.
    A 2 Amp trickle charger is too much for full time use and will fry a battery if left on too long….

milemark_714

This works great,can get it at FF.

Attachments:
    1. 57056_705ca7bded46badc5b30d6eb4cf87c6fa678adce_original.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.