Marcum Lithium Shuttle Battery?

• adam borgstahl

Does anyone know the dimensions of the battery inside? I am looking at trying to replace it with a 20ah lithium lifePO4. Get a much longer run time with it.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Pull the old one out and measure it, is your best bet.

tswoboda

It’s not a traditional flasher battery in there… You better watch this:

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

tswoboda,
    Thanks for posting that video. The Ice Hole power guy is very informative, I have watched many of his You Tube videos.

The first battery for my Marcum Shuttle only lasted one year but was replaced under warranty. The second battery for my shuttle crapped out over the summer. This was after 2 years of carefully following the storage guidelines from Marcum.

Now an running my Helix 7 on a 15A Amped Outdoors battery which runs about the same cost as sending the Marcum Shuttle in for new battery that may last 3 years. The Amped Outdoors battery will definitely last longer than that.

If you find a source for a LiFePO4 for the shuttle please post here.

Matthew Sandys

Muskie-Tim
    I hope I don’t have the same issue as you. I got mine a year ago and then saw the video. I wanted to cry. Love the idea of the shuttle just don’t like a computer battery in it.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

It’s not a traditional flasher battery in there… You better watch this:

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”MarCum Lithium Shuttle Review and Teardown” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eMpCnFEVHP8?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

My Marcum Shuttle lasted exactly 1 month after the warranty went out they told me it would cost 150.00 to put in a new battery. So I built my own shuttle with a Dakota battery and never looked back.

Bassn Dan

It has sounded like Marcum shuttles are very prone to problems. Maybe a good time to move on to something else instead of investing more time and money in this one.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Bassn Dan
    That is exactly what I did. Had a Humminbird shuttle to use and just moved everything to that and added the Amped Outdoor 15A battery. Just waiting for ice to go try it out.

adam borgstahl

I reached out to Jeremy in the video as well as Marcum and a Japanese company to see about a better battery. Ill post what I find out.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

My shuttle battery has also gone to crap…so I will somehow just attached onto a standard battery. Just need to attached a different based and all, eventually but not in any hurry.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

My shuttle battery also crapped out last year. Still runs but it doesnt last long at all. I ended up getting a good deal on an amped outdoors 15ah battery and went with a BK shuttle to put it all on. Pretty nice setup honestly and pretty comparable to the $140 battery replacement they want for the lithium shuttle battery. Should have a real 40 hour run time now toast

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.