MarCum Customer Service

• mojo

As I mentioned in another thread, I received my brand new Pursuit HD on Monday from Scheel’s, and immediately out of the box, I got the “No Signal” message which indicates either my camera or cable is bad right from the factory.
    I sent an email to MarCum Customer Support on Monday, though it was after hours when I opened it up, so I got an automated reply stating that I should expect a reply within 24 hours. So I called about 1 1/2 hours prior to them closing on Tuesday when I hadn’t yet received a reply. Got the automated answering service telling me to leave a message, so I did. No reply on Wednesday to either the email or voicemail, so I called again after lunch, had to leave another message. Still no reply today (Thursday) to any of the communications, so I sent another email, and left a voice mail also.
    I’ve had good responses from their tech people in the past when asking general questions, so I believe they are intentionally avoiding the issue. I understand it’s a holiday week, so I’m cutting them a bit of slack, but 3 days is too long.
    What have others experienced with MarCum Customer Service?
    I hate to make it Scheel’s problem because it’s not something they had a part in. MarCum needs to make this right and very soon. Brand new units leaving the factory in non-working condition is shameful, leaving customers without service is BS.

futurepoorperson

Perhaps it being a Holiday week they have the week off or are light on staff, maybe there staff are working remotely?
    Hopefully next week you get a reply ?
    Idk 🤷‍♂️

Bluegill89

I’d cut the BS and show up here asking questions:

MarCum Technologies
    3943 Quebec Avenue North
    New Hope, MN 55427

Gilgetter

I wouldn’t hesitate to bring it back to Scheels. They have phenomenal customer service and won’t give you any hassle. They will settle the issue with Marcum and saves you the hassle.

marcolson13
    NULL

Like Bluegill said, just go there office. They have people there (maybe not today/tomorrow). I’ve stopped in there a few times to pick up a couple things.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I wouldn’t hesitate to bring it back to Scheels. They have phenomenal customer service and won’t give you any hassle. They will settle the issue with Marcum and saves you the hassle.

This. If it’s defective, have the store replace it.

Doug M
    SE SD

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gilgetter wrote:</div>

This. If it’s defective, have the store replace it.

Yep. Get a camera that works and let Scheels deal with them.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I bet Scheels would help.
    I’ve only dealt with Marcum customer service in person. Zero complaints. I’m sure email and phone can be very different.

twinkies87

I am waiting to hear from Marcum as well. I sent them an email on Monday and have yet to hear anything. I’m just hoping they are busy with the holidays and not just ignoring me and everybody else with problems with the Pursuit. I bought mine from FishUSA so I would have to ship things back if I deal with them instead. If you have the option to just go to Scheels I definitely would. My cousin just brought back his 24v to Scheels because the power button was sticking. They replaced the whole auger no questions asked. They didn’t ask for a receipt or anything.

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I recently purchased a Marcum Quest camera kit from Scheel’s, and upon opening the box, I couldn’t get a picture on the screen…Everything else, (temp, directional arrow, etc) on the screen appeared, just no picture…

I called the store, spoke to the sales person, and he said, “lets try it again…” By God, the picture showed up just like it was designed to… Feeling like a dork, I told him was was “really good at fixing my issue with the camera”, and hung up…

I turned the camera off after a short while to eat supper, and took “the boss of me” downstairs to show her how the new toy worked, and “Old Murphy” showed up, and the camera wouldn’t display a picture again…!

I took it back to Scheel’s the next morning, and spoke with the salesperson who had helped me, and he set it up on the counter, plugged in the battery, and turned it on… While holding my breath, and maybe praying a bit too, the camera would not display a picture for him…

The salesperson told me that “Scheel’s is gonna make this right for you”, and he simply told a coworker to go get a second camera kit, opened it up, tested it to make sure it worked correctly, (which it did) and accompanied me to the service counter checkout, and said “have a great day…!”

“Scheel’s did make it right for me…

Now to speak for Marcum Tech Support, I had an issue with a new LX7 that stopped working…After speaking with a tech, and getting the repair authorization info, it was shipped back to them, and the morning of the 4th day after shipping, it was delivered to my door in perfect working condition…

I got no complaints with them or their service…

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I have multiple emails and phone calls into Marcum. Terrible customer service.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’d take it back to the retailer. They’ll be able to get it replaced by Marcum and will likely give you a new unit on the spot. Retailers want return customers who buy big ticket items. It’s in their best interest to keep you happy.

Scheels can exert their influence on Marcum. Let them deal with a defective unit. Plus, Scheels is known for top notch customer service.

brueggemanate
    NW Iowa

I too have not had the best service from marcum and I don’t live close enough to go to there office. I’m just glad after 2 weeks I got my lx6 back and haven’t had any issues since

Dylan Salow

Scheels would definitely make it right. Had an Otter LED light kit I bought at the end of season. Only used them a few times and ice went out. The following season I got them back out and one was shorting out. Hadn’t quite been a year so I figured what the heck I’d try to see if they would do something about it. Stopped in and they replaced them with the new updated kit. The new kit was even on sale and they honored that price and actually owed me money back! It doesn’t get any better than that but I did have my receipt thankfully. Customer for life.

PmB

Depending on location bring it back to scheels and get a new one

mojo

Merry Christmas to all!
    I am certain Scheel’s would make things right immediately, they’ve been great with everything I’ve dealt with them on. However, I may not want the Pursuit or any MarCum products for that matter. I 100% expect any product I pay hard earned money for to work properly, and if it doesn’t, I expect the manufacturer to step up and make it right. If not, I really don’t want their products. MarCum is getting their chance to make it right, if they don’t, Scheel’s will, and then no more MarCum products for me.

ozzyky
    On water

I dealt with marcum a couple weeks ago through emails for some repair work and have no complaints. Very timely responses and smooth transaction

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

I sent them an email last week looking for help locating a VX-1 replacement transducer. Radio silence

mojo

I finally got a reply to one of the many emails/phone calls I sent to MarCum Customer Service. I suggest emailing and calling them at least once per day if you are not getting a response.
    I opted to have them email me a return label, and I dropped the package at the post office first thing this morning. I replied that they should return it to me only after they are certain it is functioning 100% as it should.
    Another advantage of the Scheel’s credit card is they double the warranty of any product you purchase with the card, so I’ve got that going for me – which is nice.

CC

Marcum can’t see to fix my unit. Been in that shop to many times with the same problems. This year its in the trash bin.

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

Marcum JUST got back to me about my VX-1 replacement transducer. They must have seen this thread haha. Since they don’t make that transducer anymore they offered to discount a new model by 40% if I send my old unit in! Redeemed themselves a bit in my book. May have to get an M1 this weekend…

sheppy

I have had 3 lx7’s in which all of them have need service at one point. last year my 3rd lx7’s ducer stopped working and there was also a resistor burnt out on the circuit board. I drive to Marcum, paid over 100.00 in services fees plus bought another ducer. Was told the unit would be ready within 2 weeks but ended up taking 7 weeks in which I called every other day for the last two weeks looking for an update. When I finally got the unit back, it did not ready bottom. I ended up selling the unit on FB marketplace for 150.00, was honest with the buyer, where essentially I paid 50.00 to give away an lx7. I will never spend any money of mine with marcum ever again. The customer services was not the most responsive and maybe thier service department was really behind but when someone pays an additional 200.00 to fix a unit, which was not fixed, and then sells it for bottom dollar to get anything out of it sucks and was a complete waste of hundreds of dollars.

CC

(Sheppy) same story with me for 2 years. I just threw it in the trash bin.

Gilgetter

As I mentioned in another thread, I received my brand new Pursuit HD on Monday from Scheel’s, and immediately out of the box, I got the “No Signal” message which indicates either my camera or cable is bad right from the factory.
    I sent an email to MarCum Customer Support on Monday, though it was after hours when I opened it up, so I got an automated reply stating that I should expect a reply within 24 hours. So I called about 1 1/2 hours prior to them closing on Tuesday when I hadn’t yet received a reply. Got the automated answering service telling me to leave a message, so I did. No reply on Wednesday to either the email or voicemail, so I called again after lunch, had to leave another message. Still no reply today (Thursday) to any of the communications, so I sent another email, and left a voice mail also.
    I’ve had good responses from their tech people in the past when asking general questions, so I believe they are intentionally avoiding the issue. I understand it’s a holiday week, so I’m cutting them a bit of slack, but 3 days is too long.
    What have others experienced with MarCum Customer Service?
    I hate to make it Scheel’s problem because it’s not something they had a part in. MarCum needs to make this right and very soon. Brand new units leaving the factory in non-working condition is shameful, leaving customers without service is BS.

Any updates on your situation? Oddly enough I purchased a flasher for myself direct from Marcum. It has what I believe to be a transducer issue. It won’t pick up a 5mm tungsten unless the gain is cranked way up. Reached out to them via email and haven’t gotten a response in a week. Tried calling but they have no way to talk to a live person. Tried the chat and they said they are not available.

mojo

I did a quick update, it’s about 6 posts above. I know it arrived at their facility yesterday (Wednesday), but I have not heard from them. I do recommend emailing once per day until you hear back. Business hours start at 8:00 am, so I recommend sending an email at or before that time. Good luck.

twinkies87

Marcum did finally get back to me after the holidays and are going to replace my unit with a new one. We will see if the new camera has the same issues but I’m glad they are willing to replace it.

mojo

I received an email Monday stating they are shipping me a new unit as well. I still have not received anything as of yet.
    I hope they are taking a very close look at their quality control. Releasing a new product to the market that fails immediately is a poor way to do business, and not going above and beyond for existing customers is a sure way to get the word out about the way a company does business.

mojo

Quick update. I received an entirely new unit today and after a quick test from my living room sofa, it appears to be fully operational and I am impressed with what I see so far. I will get it out on the ice tomorrow and report back after some time fishing – Perhaps I’ll try to post some videos even.

Joel W Taylor

I’m in the same boat with a brand new M3LI we bought for my stepson for Christmas. The USB charging port on the shuttle basically broke off before we even got it out on the ice. I emailed them several times with no response. I tried for several days to get in their chat support and never got through. I tried to do a warranty claim online but had to wait several days because I needed the serial number and it was at our other house.

I’m sure Scheels would cover it but they are out of stock on both the complete combo and the shuttle plus it’s an hour and a half drive.

I really don’t want to have to send in the unit in the middle of ice fishing, especially since the flasher itself works. I’m hoping they can send me parts.

So far I love all my.marcum products but am not impressed with their service.

Greg R.
    New Berlin, WI

I keep buying Vexilar products because there customer service is awesome.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.