March calls ?

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

So I’m in St. Croix County Wisconsin and would like to try out a few sets this weekend. This would be my FIRST OUTING and was wondering on what calls to focus on this time of year? Is the mating season still going on? Or should I work with more distress calls? This time of year would a decoy setup (Mojo Critter) benefit me more? I’m new to this but have been doing my homework and constantly checking these forms so I have a somewhat idea on what, how, and when. Looking for more “in my area experience from IDO” to get me started in the right path. Any info or opinions welcomed and hopefully put to good use by me this weekend! If all goes well I’ll post my success. Thanks

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Food = Year round (rabbit)

Female invitations – current timing, but also takes some practice on the call.

Distressed puppy = from mating season to early fall is better. Takes a little practice, but easier to learn than other vocals.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Food = Year round (rabbit)

Female invitations – current timing, but also takes some practice on the call.

Distressed puppy = from mating season to early fall is better. Takes a little practice, but easier to learn than other vocals.

Just curious, but what would you start out with this time of year? And thank you for the info! I do have an e-caller and one distressed rabbit hand call.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Bunny wabbut

Just noticed your in Hammand. I was up there a few years ago with some guys in Roberts just down the road. We were hitting the railroad ditches just out of town. Dang you have a lot of sub-divisions up by you

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Bunny wabbut

Just noticed your in Hammand. I was up there a few years ago with some guys in Roberts just down the road. We were hitting the railroad ditches just out of town. Dang you have a lot of sub-divisions up by you

Yes sir we do! I’m looking in areas around the Kinni and my normal bow hunting spots for my first sets. Last part of the day I’ll be at the family farm.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Key on some spots of small thickets along those long fence lines. Set up 400-800 yrds off of them and try to pull them to take a look – good luck

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Thanks for the info Randy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.