Map for NW Lac Suel

• Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I’m heading to Lac Suel for the first time this year, staying at Fisherman’s Cove up in the NW portion of the lake. I am trying to find the right paper map and could use some help. The Red Lake Media ones seem good, but apparently they are no longer in print. Does anyone have a copy they’d sell me, or suggestions for an alternative?

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Michael:

I couldn’t quite afford to upgrade electronics two trips ago to LS, so I got the US/Canada Navionics App. Once I had a trail on my mapping, I felt comfortable of what was going on while fishing with my old tracking on the gps split, but for travel over basins, it was more than good. You have to make sure to download the mapping for the areas you’re in, but it was a decent solution for my problem with having to find a paper map for the lake. As far as structure, if I was in areas that were a little tight, I just slowed down and watched depth on my sonar. Were there times the pucker factor was elevated, yep, but no mapping is reliable up there, so take that for what it’s worth… Any questions, let me know…

Mark

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Thanks…I am confident in my electronics and do have the latest Navionics+ chip for in the boat with the Lac Suel area downloaded. And I’ll be making my own AutoChart maps as we fish.

I am looking for a paper map for trip planning, spot-marking, and as an emergency backup.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Never really seen a good one… I’ve seen better onion skin mapping for the BWCA!!! We started at Silver Water Wheel, back in the 90’s and are now on the more eastern side, and I am a map geek… I am sure someone can help…

Mark

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Micheal have you tried contacting longtime guides on LS? They at least would let you know if such a thing exists. If you track one down maybe you can talk somebody into running a copy for you and they can keep their original. Anywhere you get blueprints should be able to copy it.

Just a thought, good luck.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Michael, I’ve been going to Lac Seul for many years, you’re gong to fall in love with it within minutes. Maps can be tricky because you can’t see them before you buy them, but I’ve had great luck with a place called Canadamapsales.com the phone is 1-877-627-7226 they have broken the big lake into sections NE NW SE SW and only cover that portion of the lake. The maps are paper but waterproof mine have lasted many years and have routes, markers and land points. They do not have GPS coordinates or depth but are very good detail maps.

Pk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.