Manitoba report

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Last week was an interesting week in Manitoba trying to hunt ducks and geese. There were birds around, but the weather was not very cooperative. 4″ of snow day 1, rain all day on day 2, 8″ of snow and blinding winds on day 3, clear on day 4 but the temp was 11 degrees and then we woke up to snow again on day 5. We ended up with 60 geese and 78 ducks, mostly mallards. Here are some cool pics from the week.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3754.jpg

2. IMG_3787.jpg

sticker

more pics

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20181004_124828131_HDR.jpg

2. IMG_20181004_112444131.jpg

sticker

few more

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3755.jpg

2. IMG_3778.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Tough conditions, I’d say you made the most of it.

Nice pictures.

Grouse

basseyes

Great pics and report!

basseyes

How far north of the border was that weather? Man that’s getting chilly and way to much snow for my tastes already.

sticker

We were about 150 miles north of the border, but on Friday it snowed all the way back past devils lake, almost to Grand Forks. There was accumulations on the ground all the way to the North Dakota border.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sweet pics and report Sticker! Do you use a guide service? Or any recommendations on how a newbie would start looking into such a hunt?

sticker

We don’t use a guide service. We found a farmer years ago that has a small cabin. With the rental of the cabin we have access to all his land to hunt, 7 sections. Also getting permission up there is pretty easy. They are all farmers and farmers hate what geese do to their crops. There are outfitters in the area, others with just a cabin to rent and land to hunt. Best suggestion I can give you is pick an area and go scout around, talk to farmers and store owners. It’s actually harder to find a place to stay than it is to find a place to hunt. Remote areas so not much for hotel/motels.

Dome

Thanks for the report sticker. Heading up to the Deloraine/Whitewater Lake area on Thursday. Curious to see what kind of weather were going to run into. Not worried about Whitewater being froze up, but how were the pot holes/smaller bodies of water looking when you were coming back? Crops coming out of the fields? Any input would be appreciated. I’ll try to share a report when we get back on Sunday Oct. 14th.

sticker

Pot holes were mostly froze with the build up of slush from all the snow, smaller lakes just frozen on the edges. Weather was going to be warmer this week, so they most likely opened back up. Most all the wheat, canola, barely, peas were out. Some corn out some still in. Lots of soybeans still in. I got a buddy in that area this week. I’ll see if I can’t get some intel from him.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

That looked like a blast! Jealous.

But more importantly, no vehicle issues????

sticker

That looked like a blast! Jealous.

But more importantly, no vehicle issues????

Truck and equipment issues were not existent thankfully.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.