Madison Ice conditions

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Gene at DS Bait shot me an email on ice conditions’

“I talked to some guy’s that were out off of governors island today.They said there was about 6in of ice out there but the perch weren’t biting very well to day.”

I would still proceed very cautiously.

jake47
    WI

Thanks for the heads up Randy. There were actually a couple permanents that sank into the ice just outside of Squaw Bay last weekend. However, the week of subzero lows should have firmed any soft stuff up in the bays.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Thanks for the ice up date. Been wondering on the ice this year/

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I would still be very concerned about “patches” out from Gov Isl. Granted, this type of cold snap can make up to 2″ a day – once its froze. 3 days ago, there were still spots of open water. I don’t know who Gene talked to or exactly where they were at.
    I’m trying to get out for a perch run Sat. few things to get off my schedule first, then hopefully a day of perch jerk’n

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Randy:

My nephew picked off 21 on Mendota last Saturday and he took his father out on Sunday and I think they got another 31 ‘tween the two of them. Let me know if you want any current ice info and I can either get it or introduce you to them as they try to fish most every weekend. They were hammering crappies two weekends ago on Waubesa…

Mark

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks Mark. Good contacts for conditions are always nice to have As of now, a perch run isn’t going to happen for at least a week. I’m out of town. Hosting a fisheree this weekend, then out of town Monday afternoon through the GTG at Onalaska. Won’t see this part of WI for a while.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Had some time to look into the Madison thread and saw the need for help and thought I would throw it out there for ya…

Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.