M Y Wedge

• Bartman

Anybody use this product? I am thinking of getting one for short trips and lake jumping. Opinion? Review?

David Blais

It came with my new 250 sho. I really like it. Some and easy. They say you don’t need any other transom saver

Brad Dostal

I have one and it was recommended to me by the dealer. So far I like it.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

x2, I’ve been using my for 10 yrs, also recommended by dealer

Bartman

Thanks for the input. Placed my order today

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Does that not take the pressure of the transom, Thought the whole idea with a transom saver was to take the bouncing weight of the outboard off the transom?

404 ERROR
    MN

Does that not take the pressure of the transom, Thought the whole idea with a transom saver was to take the bouncing weight of the outboard off the transom?

It does not. It only takes the pressure off the trim cylinder…

It may be easier than a transom saver, but if you’re going to use something why not use something that protects the cylinder and transom in one fell swoop?

Bartman

You are correct. In my original post I mentioned using the Wedge for short trips and lake jumping. Longer trips down bumpy roads are better handled with a full transom saver. I see a lot of boat owners traveling our highways with the Wedge or nothing at all.

IceKing8

anyone have trouble getting it in because the trim limit wont allow it to raise high enough?

Dan Baker

I have one that I need to trim way down and still can’t get over the piston because my motor has a trim limiter (Suzuki 150). I’m still looking for a good solution.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I cut mine down substantially. It seems pointless to install it to travel if it has your outboard hanging outwards to the point that leverage and gravity still pull excessively. I trimmed about 1/2″ at a time until my outboard was just high enough to travel but the hydraulics were still supported by the wedge.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I use one for my 75 hp 4-stroke merc. I previously always used a transom saver before I bought this boat in 2015. I prefer the wedge now. Didn’t even know these things existed until the salesman told me about it when I bought the boat.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I had one on my WX2060… Worked fine but my did crack after awhile.

My new boat I will be running the DD26 block… Great product and does what I need it to do.

In my opinion at least on my skeeter with the transom design they have, I don’t worry about my transom. Heck of a lot worse things it goes through running in rough water. I worry about the trim cylinders and what not.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I have one. It’s easy to forget it. I have a squished one. The transom saver is way easier to see. It seems to work well if I remember to take it off.

Ripjiggen

I had one on my WX2060… Worked fine but my did crack after awhile.

My new boat I will be running the DD26 block… Great product and does what I need it to do.

In my opinion at least on my skeeter with the transom design they have, I don’t worry about my transom. Heck of a lot worse things it goes through running in rough water. I worry about the trim cylinders and what not.

X2

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The rubber piece in my transom saver split, resulting in slight damage to my skeg done by the bolt that holds the rubber block in the saver. Go figfure. So I grabbed a MY wedge but it cracked over winter and they sent me a new one which appears to be of a better quality rubber. I use it to protect the trim cylinder as well as to protect the skeg in the event my trim system fails on the road.

Try asking any manufacturer whether their transoms require a transom saver and see what they say. I’m perfectly happy with the warranty on my Lund and if for some reason the transom failed while driving I’m confident Lund would be covering that.

I’ll just grab my popcorn now and watch the never-ending transom saver debate that is a given in any thread such as this.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

The rubber piece in my transom saver split, resulting in slight damage to my skeg done by the bolt that holds the rubber block in the saver. Go figfure. So I grabbed a MY wedge but it cracked over winter and they sent me a new one which appears to be of a better quality rubber. I use it to protect the trim cylinder as well as to protect the skeg in the event my trim system fails on the road.

Try asking any manufacturer whether their transoms require a transom saver and see what they say. I’m perfectly happy with the warranty on my Lund and if for some reason the transom failed while driving I’m confident Lund would be covering that.

I’ll just grab my popcorn now and watch the never-ending transom saver debate that is a given in any thread such as this.

I agree… My skeeter never came with a transom saver so I assume I am not going to worry about it. Let warranty take over if there is a problem.

uninc4709

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KPE wrote:</div>

I agree… My skeeter never came with a transom saver so I assume I am not going to worry about it. Let warranty take over if there is a problem.

I would be more concerned with your motor warranty then your transom warranty. My new suzuki 140 owners manual clearly states it should be supported during travel and even shows a picture of a transom saver.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I would be more concerned with your motor warranty then your transom warranty. My new suzuki 140 owners manual clearly states it should be supported during travel and even shows a picture of a transom saver.

That’s a valid point especially if it says that in the manual. To be clear my point came across, I support my motor with MY wedge, in case my hydraulic system fails it will not drop to the ground causing damage. My use case has nothing to do with saving the transom though.

Tom schmitt

I really doubt a transom saver takes that much pressure off the transom.
    Most of the weight is still on the transom bouncing around.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.