• gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

click on the jpeg to see full text

Attachments:
    1. Capture1.jpg

2. Capture2.jpg

3. Capture3.jpg

Robert Duncan

Finally after a year we at least get the LX 6 & LX 7 upgrade. From the Video above, it sounds like no other improvements but we will take it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

4 years between updates and the only thing they offer is the same shallow water fix everybody else got a year ago….just sad….and they are still pushing the same BS about listening to customers for new features/enhancement ideas, if that’s the case Marcum how do you explain the 4 year gap in updates?

I’m thankful it appears they haven’t abandoned the LX-9, I just wish they would keep to their word and release an update with fixes/enhancements on a more regular basis…

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

How many customers desired the things that you thought should be addressed Joe….
    Not trying to start something here, but maybe demand for some stuff did make monetary sense……..
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease toast

JoeMX1825
    MN

How many customers desired the things that you thought should be addressed Joe….
    Not trying to start something here, but maybe demand for some stuff did make monetary sense……..
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease toast

oh no doubt some of the things I want fixed/changed might not mesh with what other LX-9 owners want, but things like the ability to turn off the transducer so you don’t deal with it ticking the entire time you’re using just the camera in the open water months or adding Low/Med/Hi settings for the camera LED light seem like no brainers… I’m sure there are a few common asks between the LX-9 owners that Marcum has received in the previous 4 years since the last update… My main issue is with what Marcum again added to the version notes regarding that they are always listening to owner feedback and putting those asks into software enhancements…

CaptainMusky

Joe, just be happy you finally got an update. I haven’t gotten an update EVER for my LX3. -)

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I’m sure there are a few common asks between the LX-9 owners that Marcum has received in the previous 4 years since the last update…

The real question is how many asks were made…..50..100?
    Compared to how many units sold?……
    What they probably look at is exactly how much costs per unit to add whatever…
    I have not had a camera with adjustable LEDs so I don’t know if that would make difference….and if the transducer clicking annoyed me I would disconnect it….not that big of deal for me……
    If it was I would buy something else…….

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I could already see my jig at 18” below the ice on my unit but I’ll take anything that improves something since it is free.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Every marcum camera has 3 levels of LED brightness, so why they wouldn’t carry it over to the LX-9 makes no sense.

Robert Duncan

Well one thing I have got to hand to Marcum was the ease of the update. Just did mine and it was easy. Just followed the instructions. I will have it in 6-12 ft of water this weekend and let see how it does. Hope it doesn’t show that I am in 250 ft again.

As far as enhancement goes, I was hoping for a fish alarm so when we are fishing for koks and drinking beer, it would tell us the school was there. We don’t need a beer alarm, we have that down pat.

tedroost
    Devils Lake

It is crazy how Joe has been bashed on this pro Marcum site. It seems he has valid points and requests. I’ve waited in the shadows for four years not saying anything because it is quite obvious they are not working on improving the interface and ease of use. I personally love the chart with the two vertical displays. It amazes me how we don’t have them lining up like any other chart plotter. Many people are right it does work it shows my lure and fish sniffing and swimming away. I was sold on the camera and flasher combo but a camera and a upgradable flasher I couldn’t swipe my card any quicker. What do I have after 5 years? The same exact digital flasher but at least I won’t have a dark spot close to the transducer(I did have that issue but I fish less than 4ft maybe 5 times a year). Still love it but I guess (I know) I am gullible to what people say and thought I would be getting upgrades to enhance my fishing experience not fix issues that were present from day one 5 years ago. I can’t complain about Marcum’s customer service I have unfortunately used it a handful of times already and has been a easy and satisfying experience. Sweet new shuttle to carry the flasher now instead of the dumper bag but I want the enhancements in the flasher not the handle. Thanks Joe for taking the unwarranted crap. At least you know your not the only sucker.

wall3y3

I agree – Joe has every right to be upset. I too was upset waiting for LX-9 updates. I really loved the unit but it was (and is) inexcusable for Marcum to ignore the customers that bought their highest priced unit at the time.

I gave up and sold my Marcum LX-9 a month ago. I switched to a Garmin Panoptix unit and am not looking back.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

It is crazy how Joe has been bashed on this pro Marcum site.

In no way shape or form and I “bashing” Joe…..And I just cannot see how my post could be taken as “bashing”….It seem that somebody is always trying to stir the pot here but I’m not one of those people…
    And as far as being a “pro Marcum” site I do not see that either…..There are plenty of Vex,and other users here…..I use a Marcum because-for me-it works the way I want it too….
    All I’m (still) saying is that if enough people want the changes,and it makes monetary sense,Marcum would probably do something….So a lot depends on demand…..So I am not giving him crap…..
    Joe….My old B&W crt Marcum camera only has LED or Infrared thus my question….I still do not know if it’s a plus or not…
    I’m am not bashing you at all….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Never once have I felt being “bashed” so no worries.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion and not everyone will agree with it, but I believe all of my posted issues with how Marcum has supported the LX-9 are valid. The LX-9 is an awesome unit, but it could be sooo much better with a few tweaks here and there…now I’m not expecting “iPhone” frequency of updates, but the ONLY update we’ve got in the last 4+ years was a year-old port of the LX-6/7 shallow water tweak, tome that’s just unacceptable.
    My main gripe is that Marcum states in all of their marketing materials that you will get “frequent” software updates that adds features to make your digital unit “Futureproof” and that has been a load of BS….

Side note – the reasoning behind the 3 levels of led light brightness is to conserve battery when full brightness isn’t needed, again ALL of Marcum’s cameras have this feature so it’s just laziness that they didn’t include it…

marcolson13
    NULL

may be stupid question… but When the update is loading into the LX9 after you added the file to the micro SD card… Does it complete the update while on the flasher mode? or is it supposed to stay on the Main LX9 screen with loading bar?

bken

It is suppose to stay on the main LX9 screen

marcolson13
    NULL

Well I must be doing something wrong then…

Directions seem pretty darn straight forward. Only difference is I had to get a card reader/adaptor as my Laptop did not have a micro SD slot.

I will try again

marcolson13
    NULL

Looks like the second time I tried it, it worked. No Idea what I did differently.

bken

if you go under system settings it should say version 3.0

JoeMX1825
    MN

My first few tries failed because i was using a 2gb card vs 4+ gb card, not sure why it would matter as the .bin file is only 15mb and the update folder it syncs to the card is only 68mb…oh well it’s done…

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion and not everyone will agree with it,

Very true my friend….very true….

I never wanted to start anything when I posted this….I was just asking questions… toast

Robert Duncan

Finally got the LX9 out after the update and I am very happy with the shallow water upgrade. Fished in 6-13′ of water and did not seem to have any flickering or false water depth issues. The gain 1 and gain 2 threw me for a loop but ended up using gain 1. Happy for the momment

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

I updated mine tonight. What is the difference between gain 1 and gain 2?

Robert Duncan

I think they replaced ice fishing and open water modes with Gain 1 and gain 2. Try both, I liked gain 1 for the shallow water I was in.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.