Lx9

• Justin Gamerdinger

Joel just looking for some good advice. I currently have an lx9 and am torn between keeping it or trying something else like a flx28? Good honest opinion?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Why carry 2 units (Flasher & Camera) when the LX9 does both…that’s what sold me…upgrade ability and built-in DVR are huge selling points too…

The day the FLX-28 was made at the plant is the most updated it will ever be…

Justin Gamerdinger

How do you use the dvr? I thought I was recording the other day but didn’t record anything.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Go on the Marcum website and download the owners manual it’s got a lot of information.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Hey Justin – Thanks for posting. Whenever I’m comparing electronics, I try to make sure it’s apples to apples, and unfortunately, these two units are about as different as they come. One is a digital unit with a large flat-screen and attached camera, the other is an analog flasher with a motor that spins a light wheel. That’s not a knock either, as I’m a big fan of the Marcum LX-5 which is also an analog system.

The differences are as easy to see as just reading a spec. sheet for each product, but if I’m considering one or the other, I’d first consider how you’re going to use it. The LX-9, especially with attached camera is a much bulkier system. Remove the camera, and you’ve still got something with a larger footprint than a small analog flasher. If you’re putting it on the front of a boat (large, cheap screen for open-water) or fishing in a permanent or portable and don’t move much, that’s a positive. You get a bigger screen and more ways to customize it. If you’re a twitchy hole hopper, then you’ll probably want something smaller unless you can’t live without the customized view and options in a digital unit. If you already have an LX-9, then you should understand how those features benefit you, or don’t.

As far as which one will catch you more fish? The one you like better for the way you fish will always win out!

Joel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.