LX5i…..

• Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

I picked up a new LX5i at the Blaine ice show. Living just west of the twin cities, I obviously haven’t been able to break it in yet. Just curious about what people think about them who have actually had a chance to use them. What do you like? Anything you dislike? Thanks in advance.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Haven’t found anything I’ve disliked yet. I’ve been using my 5i on ice for the past two weeks. I used a regular LX5 for a short while before getting my LX6 and while I still have the LX6, I have been using the 5i exclusively since ice popped. It’s a great unit, you’re going to like it. It is quite like the original LX5 but with a much better viewing screen.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

whats the difference between a 5i and a 5? I have an LX5 that is about 4 years old, im assuming that the 5i is something new?

to answer your question Trevor – I like the zoom a lot and the lines are very refined compared to vexilar. its more quiet than a vex. I disliked that it broke on its 3rd season and I had to send it to Marcum to repair but haven’t had any problems since getting it back

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

The 5i is the new version that was released this year. I haven’t compared it side to side with an older LX5 but the first noticeable difference is the change in the viewing screen. its almost flat and allows you to view from the side. I’ve had and used other Marcum units and had no real issues. Sold my flx28 this fall to make the flip back to this.

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

Haven’t found anything I’ve disliked yet. I’ve been using my 5i on ice for the past two weeks. I used a regular LX5 for a short while before getting my LX6 and while I still have the LX6, I have been using the 5i exclusively since ice popped. It’s a great unit, you’re going to like it. It is quite like the original LX5 but with a much better viewing screen.

Thanks Ben

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

At Ben..ice for the last 2 weeks.. I’m very jealous. Lol

JFan02

whats the difference between a 5i and a 5? I have an LX5 that is about 4 years old, im assuming that the 5i is something new?

to answer your question Trevor – I like the zoom a lot and the lines are very refined compared to vexilar. its more quiet than a vex. I disliked that it broke on its 3rd season and I had to send it to Marcum to repair but haven’t had any problems since getting it back

I talked to the Ice Force crew at the show. They were telling me that the guys of the LX-5i is the same as the old LX-5. The only changes are on the case with the screen showing different and small changes in the buttons.

I talked to the Ice Force crew at the show. They were telling me that the guys of the LX-5i is the same as the old LX-5. The only changes are on the case with the screen showing different and small changes in the buttons.

I really wished Versa would have enhanced the range options around a bit. They could’ve added a few more incremental lower depth ranges and bumped the max depth deeper and really had something here. It’s a shame IMO.

Tonka
    Minnesota

Can you dim the screen on the new lx5i’s when it’s low light or you’re out at night?

Reid Danielson

This weekend my 5 took a tumble off the fourwheeler in mille lace talk about making you sick my buddy was holding his and mine and we went over a ridge and he lost his grip anyone stuff happens. So I got it home and the screen/viewing window had come loose. So I took it a part and reglued it back on. This is the only flaw in my opnion the old ones had the plastic ring around the outside which better protected the screen if that area gets banged to hard or rattles loose it will fall off and you’ll have to do what I did. This summer I’ll probably take it apart again and use some arrow insert adhesive or other extremely strong apoxy to secure it. Currently I just used super glue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.