lx5 Issue

• Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Went out this afternoon for some perch fishing. The first few holes that I drilled my LX5 was reading normal (between 8-14′ water). I went to a new hole, same depth range, and my flasher wouldn’t read the bottom or my jig no matter how high I had the gain set. I tried switching over to another range and still nothing.

Any clues as to what could cause this?

Thanks,

Flasher moron )

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

My guess would be ice build up on the bottom of the transducer.

Tight lines!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

My guess would be ice build up on the bottom of the transducer.

Tight lines!

They do sometimes go bad ya know. I had the same issue with an lx5 and it was a bad ducer. Also had to send a vx1 in to get brushes replaced.

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

No ice on the ducer, but thank you. Every suggestion could help here.

I’m really hoping that the transducer isn’t bad. This flasher is brand new. Today was the second time (since yesterday) that I’ve had it out. It’s not my first flasher, but is definitely the first one I’ve had any issues with. I’ll give Marcum a call tomorrow and see what they say.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

From what I’ve heard, transducers can go bad at almost any time for no reason. That would be the first thing to check. Try your transducer on another marcum.

I have also heard that the marcum transducers are more susceptible to this because of the higher power.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

What does god have to do with this?

hamms
    Mn

Did you check and make sure the connection is good on the transducer going into head unit?

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

What does god have to do with this?

Rofl!

I would second what Hamms said… Check the battery connections both at the battery and into the unit, check the ducer connection into the unit, and also try a different battery if those don’t fix it. If all that fails, then give Marcum a ring.

Nick Smith

Could be a bad, or under charged battery. This has happened to me a couple times and I am sitting there like what the heck. Then I switch to a new battery with full charge a bingo back in business and then I remember I forgot to charge the battery. Or I find out my other battery can’t hold a charge anymore.

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Thought I’d come back and update the post. It ended up being a bad battery. Straight out of the box the one I got wouldn’t hold a charge. So I bought a new one and now it’s working just fine. Glad to not have to send it in for repairs already. Thanks for all the suggestions.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good. Better than transducer.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Simple fixes are always nice. If you have your receipt as a proof of purchase I would maybe contact Marcum and explain your issue. Never know, they may send you a battery for your trouble.

hamms
    Mn

They will definately make it right. They are awesome. Remember to be careful with the ducer don’t hit the sides of the hole and punch through with your foot if holes freezes a bit. I used to drop my ducer through before I know they couldn’t take that. Glad you’re in business!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Thought I’d come back and update the post. It ended up being a bad battery. Straight out of the box the one I got wouldn’t hold a charge. So I bought a new one and now it’s working just fine. Glad to not have to send it in for repairs already. Thanks for all the suggestions.

That battery should be under warranty somewhere… I’d look into it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.