LX-7 Where's the Bottom??

• Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

We just finished up filming this week’s show with James & Pat on a off the beaten path lake in Northern Minnesota, and I had to share this photo. The schools of crappies on this spot were unreal. A lot of the time the Christmas tree on the graphs were 15+ feet thick. At one point the fish were so stacked, the LX-7 believed the bottom was composed of nothing but crappies in 50ft of water! Funny thing, you wouldn’t find a decent fish under 25 ft deep, heck even under 20ft, and all the fish we caught were on the top of the water column.

It turned out to be a pretty fun trip, despite the -20 degree start to the day! If you want to learn how to find a hidden gem of your own, definitely check out Sunday’s show.

Attachments:
    1. LX-7-Crappified-e1420736880132.jpg

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Merry Christmas Tree, where did you say this was? -)

Jeff Schomaker

I had this very thing happen last weekend on gills. Bottom went from 19 foot to 11 foot. Thought my transducer was swinging for a second

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I had this very thing happen last weekend on gills. Bottom went from 19 foot to 11 foot. Thought my transducer was swinging for a second

This latest cold front has fish piling up in deeper water. It is really something to have 20 or more fish on a sonar unit at one time and never have to move once.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Did you take the lx9 and drop the camera down? When I got the 9, I had that happen on a hole on the miss on pool 7. Had a wall of channel cats about 25 feet thick cruising by. Until I dropped the camera down, I thought the unit failed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.