LX-6 settings

• Brady Kovarik

Looks like I’m going to be getting an LX-6 after a lot of time and research so now I’m just wondering what everyone uses for settings mostly with like the sensitivity and ping rate. I fish mostly 20-30 feet but ocassionally less than that too. Is it more of a trial and error thing until you find the sweet spot or does it work great the way it comes out of the box?

Jeff Schomaker

I just got an LX-7 and it was trial and error. Just set it up the way it suits your eye best and go from there. Me personally I like graph and the vertical sonar. Then once I find where the fish are holding I will zoom the vertical into that zone. Watch the graph until a fish shows interest then concentrate on the zoom. Hope this helps

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Best advice I can give is read the manual. Then after your done, read it again.
    That’s what I did, You’ll get good after a couple times out.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

The possible configurations are endless on these units. You have to just get out and use it and start pushing buttons… waytogo

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I haven’t even upgraded mine yet since I got it last year, so my settings input may not be accurate for you. I love the thing like my dog just the way it is. I change my settings all the time throughout each trip… A quick couple of taps and it goes into 6 color mode shortly followed by lowered sensitivity and then 20 min later back to 3-color, larger target size. There are so many settings, you just gotta drop the ducer in the hole and start having fun.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I got the LX6 toward the end of last season. I did the upgrade on it right away and really haven’t changed the settings since (other than the cone angle). I went from a HB ICE 35 to the LX6…. WOW!

ElFuegoOnIce

In order for me to be able to read mine I had to set the gain so high I blew all my friends flashers out. Took it back and went with the lx5.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

The gain on the digitals shouldn’t interfere with other flashers. With the Ir settings, color modes and the max ping rate you should be able to find a channel that doesn’t interfere with anyone and still allows you to see your bait/fish as clear as day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.