Lure display board ideas

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

My dad passed recently and I can across a tackle box that had some old lures that were probably some of his dads. I would like to make a display to hang in my house. Does anyone have any ideas how to display them? A lot of them have no markings left , so if anyone knows what any of them are, I’d appreciate any info on them too. Thanks!

Attachments:
    1. 496376B5-E69F-485F-BAA3-7520F779528E.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You can get a shadow box type thing and insert dowel rods in there somehow for the lures to hang from. I would try and have several different display points rather than sticking them all one on board or display.

Maybe framed Styrofoam to stick the hooks into to hang from? No need to list every brand and name of the lures (unless you want to) I think a simple brass plate stating (grandpa & dads tackle box 2019) would be nice.

I also have dads box. I don’t use or display anything but I do look in there a couple times a year.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I have mine on an old one handed landing net hanging on the wall. I just hung them in the netting. I was thinking about cutting an old larger net to create a miniature gill net to hang them on.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

My wife put together a basket with artificial pine branches. We set the lures, some in boxes and some just lose, de-liar (scale and tape that used to be sold), and misc other fishing items in there. All the items where either my wife’s grandfather’s or my dad’s. Pretty cool to look at. We also have a old metal flip out tackle boxes that contains other fishing items that belonged to her grandpa and the throw cushion from his boat. Great conversation pieces.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Great ideas everyone! Thanks

Lynn Seiler

I use my grandpa’s buck saw. Horizontal with teeth up. I’d include a picture but it’s full of junk lures and I don’t know how to attach photo. Special because it was from grandpa and my dad.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I mounted a sheet of 1/4″ cork board in a large picture frame and hung all the lures from a hook in the cork.

fishspike

I hot glued my dad’s on a piece of drift wood. Looks cool and the glue peals off if I need it to

Ryan Wilson

I think a shadow box would look the best for continuous display. I also think putting them on a pine bow wreath would be fun. Kind of like a “lost in the trees” kind of thing.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Tie a couple of those bad boys to the end of your line & rip some lip…

That’ll put a smile on your face & energize all the great memories of the man who put you on this earth…

Just a thought.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My wife allowed this in our living room.

Attachments:
    1. TRW-Lure-Display.jpg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My buddy has his under glass in a coffee table. That also looks nice.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Rodwork, I like that idea as I have a couple of my grandpas old jiggle sticks that my dad still used

Deuces

Tie a couple of those bad boys to the end of your line & rip some lip…

That’ll put a smile on your face & energize all the great memories of the man who put you on this earth…

Just a thought.

Sorry to hear about your Dad’s passing Craig.

I like this idea actually. Maybe not all of them but certainly a handful would get new hooks and hopefully see some type of toothy critter.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I hang them from a seine net that is draped over most of a wall at my cabin.
    Wish I had a pic to include.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork, I like that idea as I have a couple of my grandpas old jiggle sticks that my dad still used

The rod in the picture I shared is a solid steel blank. As you can see it is bending in the picture. Since than I have moved the baits around, moved the hooks around, and add some more lures to balance the blank out. You can also add hooks to where you need to support the blank with the weight of the lures. Another option is it use a light steel rod behind the fishing rod to support the lures and not stress the fishing rod.

B-man

Sorry to hear about your Dad too Craig.

I have a handful hung up in the man cave, they’re just resting on little white trim nails.

I like some of the other ideas here too

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20191215_115033.jpg

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Thanks beads and bman! Was unexpected but have no regrets cuz I fished with him all the time. I think I’m gonna do the trim nails! I like that idea

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Sorry for your loss, Craig (and my ignorance of not mentioning that above)

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I covered some 1/4″ foam board with black felt to make this display board for a county fair display. A small spot of rubber cement holds each bait. I made a simple wrap around frame to hold the board. There is no glass in this.

If I was doing something in-house I’d do the net idea or an old wood handled fly fishing landing net hung on a wall with the lures spread out hanging from the netting.

Whatever you do you’ll find peace with it and memories will be coming back all the time.

Like others….condolences.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.