Crappie or Trout Magnet grub:

Magnet hybrid:

Claw from a bass craw worm used with a 1/16 oz jig:

Grub & float:

Wacky rig mini-stick:

Sunnie couldn’t let this Kut tail get away:

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

If I had to choose one lure only that I could fish with, any fresh water, it would be a beetle spin / spinner bait type bait.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

If I had to choose one lure only that I could fish with, any fresh water, it would be a beetle spin / spinner bait type bait.

I agree and I would choose a smaller sized version, something on the order of up to 1/4 ounce max. Big fish will hit small baits too.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

jigging raps…….always my first lure in the water and confidence lure when I am out of options

Spoon Minnow

“If I had to choose one lure only that I could fish with, any fresh water, it would be a beetle spin / spinner bait type bait.”

Didn’t get many fish on it today, but did catch 35 from 9 am – 3 pm using an assortment of soft plastics on light jig heads.

tacklebox2tn

I noticed on many of your plastics that you use a wire plastic holder. These work really good. I learned about these from Frank on another site. Some of the jigs don’t have a long enough space between eye and jig head, so I put the keeper through the eye, works good that way also. thanks for sharing photos. dave

Spoon Minnow

Aka Senkosam/ aka Frank. Thanks for the kudos.

“Some of the jigs don’t have a long enough space between eye and jig head, so I put the keeper through the eye”

Where do you attach the line?

If anyone hasn’t seen the process of attaching the wire keeper, this is it:

Wrap once and pull tight with pliers:

Snip and bend close to eye shaft:

Bend wire into an L:

The same wire can be used to secure a jig trailer:

tacklebox2tn

There is still room in the eye to attach line. I also think I have a finer wire.

Spoon Minnow

There is still room in the eye to attach line. I also think I have a finer wire.

I found that coated wire holds up longer minus oxidation. For very small eyes IE 1/32 oz jigs, I go with a 28g wire. It’s great not having to push the lure back up the hook ! Even better, I can get far more use out of a lure than before as well as reuse it.

I only use jigs with bronze hooks which allows me to pull the jig off stumps with the boat positioned directly over them. The gap has to be reset but so what!! Better than losing 10 jigs per outing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.