Lure building.

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Hey I’m going to start tinkering and start making my own musky bucktails. My question is I have been looking online for clevises and how do I know if the clevises are made for having the tension of a number 10 or 12 blade on it. You know musky tough. Thanks for the help.

jon amundson

Lure parts online has nice selection of lure components. They have a free master catalog that is pretty nice. I believe they include to size scaled pictures. I found old welding tips(sized to shaft dia.) made from copper work for cheap lure bodies. I also cut up the welding liners to tie hair onto so I can slide on shafts. .062-.045 Stainless Tig welding rod works well for shafts.045 stainless mig wire for leaders. Fun stuff.

Attachments:
    1. 1501804247029634600385.jpg

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Lure parts online does have good selection and good prices, just don’t ever plan on returning anything. I tried to return some split rings that were much larger than I thought, followed their directions to the letter. Two days later I had a message from a Patrick there that all they got was an unmolested package with only my receipt and instructions inside. I had the postal service receipt with weight listed as proof they were in there, left a multiple messages and they never returned my call. I guess they feel like it’s okay to screw a guy over 10 bucks worth of split rings.

I buy from Janns netcraft now for my wooden lure supplies

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

honestly i personally use the smallest clevises that a .051 wire will fit through. I have never had issues with 10s on them but have never made them with 12s so im not sure on that portion. I get most of my stuff from throne bros its just the skirts and wire that i will typically order from lure parts online

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Thanks for the info guys it helps a lot I finally found some around and was able to look at them first hand so that helped

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.