Shopping used lunds, question?

• duckguy
    New Ulm, Minnesota

I am in the market to replace my 88 alumacraft competitor. Have spotted an 01 lund 1700 angler ss, with a 115 johnson 2 stroke. Wondering if anyone can give me any inside info on this rig?

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

Very nice fishing boat,after having a 4-stroke motor I would never go back to a 2-stroke motor myself.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m running the exact boat but with a 90 merc. If I could do it over again…as everyone says, I would have maxed the HP out and gone with a 115. The hp rating went up in ’02 or ’03 to a 125 or 135. Otherwise I would buy another as I fish out of the back and it’s perfect size wise for this.

Fishability with a good electric is very good for two people. Little tight for 3, but it can be done.

Small for Mille Lacs, very nice for the river and regular lakes.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What kind of fishing will you be using it for mostly and on what body of water?

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Last summer I bought a ’99 Lund Pro Sport 1700 with a 115 Johnson 2 stroke. Boat works great and the motor runs great.

duckguy
    New Ulm, Minnesota

I mainly fish southern minn. lakes. 1000 acres or less. Mostly trolling or casting. Thanks for the input so far!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s going to be a fine boat for you.

duckguy
    New Ulm, Minnesota

Can anyone shed some lite on the differences between a mr. pike, an explorer? and an angler? In late 90’s to mid 2000’s? I’m really confused !

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

The explorer was a lighter boat with a more open floor plan, great storage but does not have the fit anf finish of a Mr Pike. The Angler was the next step up from the explorer. The boat was a little heavier in weight and some better upgrades to the storage areas and was a bit wider then the Explorer. The Pike was the next step up from the Angler. It came with the wider gunnels and a better fit and finish. The hull if I remember right was a bit thinker which made the boat a bit heavier in weight then the Angler. They were all great boats to run I have owned them all and each boat performed well. I liked the explorer the best out of the three just because it was more open to fish out of.

duckguy
    New Ulm, Minnesota

Rigging Guy, thanks for the info. That was what I was looking for.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.