Boat Rigging Question…flooring change out

• orangewhip3x
    Blaine

I was hoping someone could direct me to an idividual or company that does marine flooring. I have a 2002 1900 Pro-V IFS and I’d like to remove the carpet and replace it with marine grade vinyl. Is there anyone in the North Metro that does this type of work? What should I expect for a ball park expense?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I was hoping someone could direct me to an idividual or company that does marine flooring. I have a 2002 1900 Pro-V IFS and I’d like to remove the carpet and replace it with marine grade vinyl. Is there anyone in the North Metro that does this type of work? What should I expect for a ball park expense?

Considering what people get to do this work. It’s highly cost effective to do the work yourself. I had it done once by a company in Stillwater and while the work was good. The check I wrote was very large for what I got.

Good choice on the vinyl. You’ll love it. Install a high pressure wash down kit as well. You’ll be extremely happy.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

http://www.shipwreckboats.com

This company is located in Princeton & could do the job. I bought a used Alumacraft 16/ w/console last year that was refloored,carpeted, & new seats installed by this company. Nothing special, but hey, it’s a fishing boat.

I would agree, if you have the time, this is not that hard to do yourself and you’ll save a lot of coin.
    Pete

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

If it were me, I would cut the carpet out, scrape it off and apply roll on bed liner. It comes in several colors and will fill the seams as well. Might surprise you how good it will look.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

If you want to travel to New York Mills, Jeff Oakland refinishes boats. He is real reasonable and does excellant work.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Had mine done in New Richland, south of the metro. As mentioned, it’s not cheap but he did a good job on mine. PM me if want contact info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.