Bow trim switch

• hyperlite160

Having issues with my bow trim switch not working on my Tyee & Verado. Anyone know how that should hook up?
    Thanks,

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

If you’ve got t/t on your remote at the steering wheel, I bet it ties into there (probably under the dash somewhere). So, you could have a loose connection at the switch, at the tie in, or you could just have a bad switch, too. I’m going to guess you have a 3 wire system, which includes a red for the main power, which probably goes into the middle connector. Then two other wires, I think blue and maybe purple if I remember right.

Hopefully that’ll give you a good starting point and you can troubleshoot from there and find the problem.

hyperlite160

I checked the switch at the bow, and it’s working (ohm checks at least). I looked under the dash, but couldn’t find the wires. i didn’t cut any of the zip ties though so they could have been hidden. could it go to the throttle? I did also find the wires going to the motor and they don’t run that far.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

My wiring harness had the remote TT wires wrapped in a coil and zip tied to the steering cable back near the transom of the engine. I installed a remote TT button set to make it more convenient running my tiller F40 on the Rebel.

nodakbassmaster
    Black Hills, SD

Mine doesn’t have one of these… anyone found a wiring diagram I could use to install a bow trim switch?

mojogunter

You could just tie into the trim switch wires on the motor, and run new wires to the front and install a switch where ever you need it.

Quote:

Mine doesn’t have one of these… anyone found a wiring diagram I could use to install a bow trim switch?

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Sometimes the plug comes loose at the control box (throttle). Pull the control board and box off and look for a three wire harness that hooks up to the throttle. This could be it, but no garrantee’s though.

nodakbassmaster
    Black Hills, SD

That’s exactly what did this weekend. Works and looks great!

Quote:

You could just tie into the trim switch wires on the motor, and run new wires to the front and install a switch where ever you need it.

Quote:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.