Winterizing motor problem

• irishman

Hello All –
    I had my Lund Fisherman Professionally winterized at a top marine shop in the Twin Cities. I pulled it out of storage to take it fishing tomorrow on the river and found a couple problems. This is used boat (mfg in 2000) I bought a year ago. So I am still getting used to it.

A: The 9.9 Yamaha 4-stroke kicker has some white tape on it that says “No Oil” and has another white tape over the throttle for the kicker that reads “No Oil”. Obviously they did not put oil in. But it appears that the 115 HP Honda 4-stroke has oil. There is not white tape on the larger motor or the throttle for the 115. Of course the dealership is closed for the weekend. So I can not ask what is going on with this.
    B: problem two – I had a 3 back battery charger installed at the time I had it winterized and I am not able to find the cord I assume I need to plug into to charge the batteries. The cord leading away from the charger goes thru a sub-floor wall and does not appear to come out anywhere. I feel like an idiot for not being able to find the end of cord to plug an extension cord into to run the charger. What am I missing?

Help

brad-o
    Mankato

I would just make sure the oil plug is in and the filter is on tightly then just add the right amount of 10w 30. As for the charger just pull the cord out from the sub floor if it is not pinched. Then call the dealer Monday and explain your problems

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Your charger plug my be routed to a power port plug in the side of something it would be a round rubber plug (door) covering the plug.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I don’t think my Yamaha T8 has an oil filter. Don’t want you looking for something your Yamaha may not have either.

FDR

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

On the kicker, may want to check the lower end oil… if thinking you will run it… just to make sure that isn’t also empty. Someone may have filled both the motor, and lower unit, but forgot to pull the tape…. pull dipstick and check.

My cord on my charger goes to a plug as mentioned as well, makes it really easy to just plug it in. Look for that little outlet cover under one of the open storage areas, next to flip up seats, just off to the side somewhere tucked away, but still accessible. The plugs are not totally cheap, so if there is one, it may be itemized on your bill as well.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Check your lower unit oil on both for sure before running! Shops make mistakes- hope all is well-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.