bimini top on a tiller

• mikeraiche
    Arkansaw Wi

Looking to put a bimini top on my Lund 1825 pro guide. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand or what to look for and what to avoid. I plan on mounting it to my tracks. Im also afraid of the poles being in the way for fishing. Thanks

jerry b
    western WI

I haven’t put one on mine for just that very reason. Instead, I’ve been working on using a patio table umbrella and adapting a seat post to hold it. Still pretty much in the planning stage but I’m guessing it’s doable- jerr

gary d
    cordova,il

Patio umbrella- – that’s what I do also. Works great. Days that you do not have to use it, you leave it at home.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So what do you do with the patio umbrella gust strap it to a seat post or something?

zubba
    potosi,wi

i have a flatbottom but would work on lots of different boats I took a 2′ piece of 2″ pvc that the umbrella fits in, have to drill a bigger hole on the front so you can get ur screw tip thru then fasten on the back side to my (bench) seat with couple screws; think I put piece of wood on the back so it had some meat to screw to. put umbrella in and you have shade. then when we go to sandbar take umbrella out stick in sand.

Adley

To determine the correct width for your top, measure across your boat from gunnel to gunnel at the location where you would like the bimini top to be mounted.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

here are the pics of dad’s Bimini Top. He got his from the dealer but he thinks the guy stuck it to him. Perhaps the company sells them direct. You will see he also extended the tubes so we could walk under it without ducking down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.