Pro Guide

• Hunting1
    Ellsworth wi

Looking at getting a 1825 or a 2010 pro guide wondering if anyone has any input on either of them. If i go with the 2010 it would have to be used. If i go with the 1825 i may be able to swing new. I would be using it on the river and mille lacs mostly. any info would be great. thanks

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

I dont know the Lund boats, but I have the same dilema. Im looking at the 618T or the 620T Ranger for a second boat. Bottom line the 20 ft boat is better for big water like Mille Lacs or Lake of the Woods, My opinion is buy what you can afford, a 18 ft boat works great for 90% of the fishing an average angler will do, if you want a big water tournament tiller boat it has to be the 2010.

Palerider77

I have an 1825 that I bought this spring. 90 4 stk merc with power steering. The boat lives up to it’s reputation. Good ride, back trolls into big waves with ease. I had 4 adults on board today and ran 5 miles down pepin. Solid good stable boat. For 90% of the fishing that I do, I dont need a 20 footer. The 200 verado would be cool, but the 90 is easy to feed. Fit and finish is far superior to other boats I have owned. You can’t go wrong with a Lund.

I’m currently running a 11′ 2010 Pro Guide w/175 Verado and I have been very happy with it. Although you may not need a 20ft boat on the river or on smaller lakes, there’s days on the big waters where those extra two feet of boat can make all the difference in the world. The overall storage in this boat is my favorite quality. A full tournament load with over 20 rods in the boat as well as gear and I can still keep everything in a compartment and off the floor.

In my opinion, you won’t find a better aluminum boat tiller on the market.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

First of all I apologize, this is the lund forum. I wasn’t going to post anything, because it seems that your mind is already made up. I just want to make sure you get the most for your dollar. If you have the ching to buy the boats you have mentioned, i would really look into buying a little bit later model glass boat. My father in law has a beautiful lund, and he is lund through and through until he dies, mainly from the durability of the tyee he had before the pro-v with verado. I can totally respect this. He has not experienced the same quality, and I have to listen to it. I have a Ranger at least 10 years older than his rig, and we always use my boat. Everything is solid. Everything works. Every time. Horsepower is just as important as boat size if you fish some shady waters (wave size) such as erie, oahe, leech, ml, etc… Try to get the most HP for the size of the boat for your money that you can, and you won’t be disappointed. Just my 2 cents, take care!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I have a 2009 1825 ProGuide and absolutely love it. I fish Leech, Winni, Rainy, Devils Lake and many smaller local lakes and in three years I have not had a day where I could not go on the water if I chose too. Yes there have been a couple of days that I should of stayed home but I have always felt very safe in my 1825 even with huge rollers coming over the transom and motor while back trolling and banging the eyes! Lots of storage! Great ride! Make sure to upgrade your seats to the ProRide AirRide, takes all the hard jarring out of a rough day on the water. I have a Yamaha F90 4st with the Titan steering system. Love them both. Would not go without the Titan on a tiller ever again. You can’t go wrong with either boat you are asking about.IMHO

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Quote:

I’m currently running a 11′ 2010 Pro Guide w/175 Verado and I have been very happy with it. Although you may not need a 20ft boat on the river or on smaller lakes, there’s days on the big waters where those extra two feet of boat can make all the difference in the world. The overall storage in this boat is my favorite quality. A full tournament load with over 20 rods in the boat as well as gear and I can still keep everything in a compartment and off the floor.

In my opinion, you won’t find a better aluminum boat tiller on the market.

I’ll second everything Justin is saying. I have the exact same rig. If you get a 2010, make sure it is a 2009 or newer – they made a slight adjustment with the reverse chine which gives the boat much better bow lift. I had a 2007 before this one and it’s quite a noticable difference.

Palerider77

+1 on the pro-ride seats. Also look at a vinyl cockpit floor, I got that option and am very pleased.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

+1 on the pro-ride seats. Also look at a vinyl cockpit floor, I got that option and am very pleased.

I’d also get vynil on the casting deck. Washes up nicely and doesn’t get matted down like carpet.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Anyone have a pro guide for sale?

If you are looking for a new 1825 Pro Guide, Jerrys Sport Service in Beloit, WI has a black one, no engine, handles Evinrude, Mercury, and Yamaha. There is also a new 1675 Pro Guide, white, Mercury 75 4 stroke, Phoenix bunk with spray on bedliner. Beaver is the one to call at 800-743-4309. A few folks from Minneapolis were there on Saturday and picked up a used Pro V.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.