2005 Rebel Adventure Tiller Trolling Motor Q

• deputycrappie
    Near Lake Pepin, Minnesota

I have a 16′ 05 Rebel Adventure with a Honda 40 Horse Tiller. Looking to upgrade from a transom mount to a bow mount. I fish P4 almost excusively.

Wondering if 2 batteries will fit in the small bow storage area up front. Also, would a 12v 55pd thrust be enough for a day on the water, or should I go with a 24v in the 65-80 pound range?

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

I just put one group 27 battery under the deck of my Rebel – a tight squeeze that requires taking off the deck to change the battery in the future. The storage compartment below the forward floor would have worked better but I would have had to buy a shorter (much more expensive) battery (or 2 if I wanted more run time for my 55 lb. Ipilot).

trucker
    Prairie DuChien WI.

If you are looking for a used one I have a 80lb maxxom for sale I just took off my boat.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I have a Alumacraft 165 tiller. I love the run time of the 24v 80#. I can pull spinners at 1 mph for 2 days till I run out of power. I had a 12v 40# prior to this and it would last most of a day slip trolling the current on p4.

I vote for the 24v even if you have to fit a second battery somewhere in the rear of the boat. You will never have issues with power or runtime with that size of boat. Do you have that little skirted bow tip in your boat? Maybe there would work for a second battery.

I found that fine braid in jumper cables was a cheap way to buy the heavy wire needed for the longer runs and to carry power more efficiently. Just cut the clams and solder on lugs.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

My rebel was a little older, I know they changed a bit, I had my battery up front like that, and I wanted to go 24v but couldn’t fit two batteries in there, wasn’t until a good year or so later I realized I didn’t really need them to be in the exact same compartment, I could just cut a little hole or two into the storage compartment next to it and put the second battery in there… Not sure this will work with your layout, mine was a ’01 IIRC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.