What would you pay

• bforristall

Everybody’s new favorite game show.

Listed is a 2009 Lund Explorer Sport that is powered by a Mercury 115 Optimax. This boat is equppped with the following options: Minn Kota 80 Fortex w/ US2, Lowrance X-135 at bow, Lowrance X-52 at console, and a 2 Bank Onboard Charger. The trailer is a Shoreland’r Single Axle Trailer with Surge Brakes, Spare Tire, Swing Tongue, and Retractable Tie Downs.

This boat is in good condition. The boat has 2 small areas of dock rash – one on each side. The inside of this boat is in very good condition. Motor had Mercury factory warranty thru 6/4/2014! NO custom or travel cover.

I haven’t seen it up close. I just want to have an idea of what I should pay for it. Also, pros/cons of the motor. Thanks Triscuit

b_hames

I bought a 2008 1825 Explorer Sport with a 150 Verado on it with basically the same electronics you have. 54 hours on the motor. Same trailer set up. Mine did have a custom cover. I paid $23,000.

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

From someone who had this same package my advice would be to think long and hard about the motor on that boat. I had that package. With only you in the boat you MIGHT see 40-41 mph and MIGHT have a reasonable hole shot. In my experience this took some prop work and a lot of balancing of gear to get that done only to lose it when I put on a kicker. Can’t imagine what it would have been like with 3 or 4 guys. Even if you like to cruise at 35 mph you’ll be much happier with a 150 and, as a plus, you still have the snort to get out of there in a hurry if you feel like it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.