Lund Impact Casting Platform

• muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I’ve been thinking about this boat as a good option for myself. But, as a caster and troller, I would like to remove the rear casting platform/seats when trolling. Is it easy to install/remove and if so, how does one do it? Thanks for the feedback.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

I fished out of one this summer. The casting deck is pretty much a permanent fixture. If you continually are removing the screws from the hinge i believe you will mess the holes up and be stuck drilling new ones. I dont know where the advantage would be in removing it for trolling. Just my two cents worth

stocker621vs

I have a impact and love it for casting and trolling with platform up or down. If you would like to try it out pm me and we can hit the water and you could try it out

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

For my style of trolling, the two or three people would be up and down off the platform constantly(netting fish, changing baits). And fishing in 3-4 foot rollers occasionally, I wouldn’t feel safe being that high in a boat moving around. That’s why I would like it to be removeable, to have more floor room. And would like to access the aft livewell w/out lifting the platform, front would most likely be used as a cooler. Appreciate your thoughts.

kernan

As a Lund dealer, there are 5 hinges across the bench with three screws in each. Repeated removal will definately reduce the holding strength. When trolling for increased floor space, flip the bench up for additional seating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.