Pro-V Livewell questions

• fisherman-j
    Northern MN

I bought an ’05 Pro-V a few months ago and I’m not certain on a few livewell things. It has livewell/bait well on bow and stern.

1) On the dash, there are two switches for the bow and stearn livewells – an off position, manual and auto/timer. I understand what these are for. My question is – is it ok for them to be on (usually have them on auto) while on plane?

2) On the dial, I understand what drain means. Does fill constantly allow water to be pumped in – or picked up while on plane? How does fill work? How about when in recirc? How does recirc work?

3) On both the bow and rear livewells, there are two holes/drains in the bottom, which one (or are both) is supposed to have a plug inserted? What’s the other hole for?

Thanks.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

When you are going to be running put it on recirc. I don’t think you can bring water in when you are on plane on most boats. I always ran my livewell on auto when not on plane. Recirc just circulates what’s already in the well system while not allowing fresh water in. When you have it on auto fresh water will come in every ten minutes or so. If left on fill the whole time it will just keep filling and going out the overflow.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.