Trailer fenders

• dog2th
    Omaha, NE

I put new tires on my trailer this spring – the same size that was on the Shorelandr sticker – and the wheels are snug with the fenders it doesn’t rub but it’s tough to place wheels on hubs without jamming them under the fenders. Is there some way of raising the plastic fenders with spacers or ???

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

My trailer is a 2000lb shorelander.When I bought it the old fenders were tight. I drilled new holes in the fender about 1″ lower. That worked for 155/80R/13 tires.
    This year I bought new tires. They do not make 155/80R/13 any more. I had to go with 175/80R/13.To do that I had to replace the fenders. Bought plastic fenders for 13″ tires on etrailer.com.. $18.00 a fender plus shipping. Not a bad fender for the money.

deerdragger

I have the same situation on my 2000# Yacht Club trailer – it’s really tight getting the tires on/off when changing a flat or packing bearings. My solution (and perhaps yours as well) is this: Jack the trailer up by the frame rather than the axle. Doing so will allow the axle (and tire) to “hang”, affording you an extra inch or two of clearance.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

That’s how I jack mine up to do the bearings and it works fine. If I do it by the axle, tough job.

I do not like jacking on the axle on one side anyways.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.