Lund Tyee Trolling motor

• Tom Kadak

Hello everyone,

2 years ago, I bought a 2006 Lund Tyee 1850. It was my first ever boat, so I did’t exactly know too much of what I was getting into, but luckily the boat looks like it was taken pretty good care of, and it has been very good to me so far. The guy I bought it off of had it parked at a Marina, and told me that the boat had only seen lake ontario.
    Now that its been 2 years, I’ve gotten to love the boat and have decided to put a trolling motor on the boat for both fishing and safety reasons, as the boat doesn’t have a kicker.

I ended up buying the Minn Kota Ulterra 36V. Along with the motor, I also bought the Minn Kota 4 bank precision charger. I haven’t been able to find too much info on my boat for that year as to where I should put my 3 batteries I need for the trolling motor, and where I should put the battery charger.
    If you guys could please give me some info for the locations, and maybe some tips as to things I should watch out for when I start installing these items.

Thanks in advance!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Go to a Lund showroom and crawl around their boats and ask them how they rig a 36v system. Placement of the batteries & charger ect.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Hello everyone,

2 years ago, I bought a 2006 Lund Tyee 1850. It was my first ever boat, so I did’t exactly know too much of what I was getting into, but luckily the boat looks like it was taken pretty good care of, and it has been very good to me so far. The guy I bought it off of had it parked at a Marina, and told me that the boat had only seen lake ontario.
    Now that its been 2 years, I’ve gotten to love the boat and have decided to put a trolling motor on the boat for both fishing and safety reasons, as the boat doesn’t have a kicker.

I ended up buying the Minn Kota Ulterra 36V. Along with the motor, I also bought the Minn Kota 4 bank precision charger. I haven’t been able to find too much info on my boat for that year as to where I should put my 3 batteries I need for the trolling motor, and where I should put the battery charger.
    If you guys could please give me some info for the locations, and maybe some tips as to things I should watch out for when I start installing these items.

Thanks in advance!!

I have the same boat. I had to give up a front storage compartment for the 3rd battery. also added extra wiring.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.