Lund Sport Trac options

• Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

I am looking at adding a few sport trac options to my 1875 crossover but the lund brand mounting brackets are $35 a piece. Has anyone found a cheaper alternative? $140 for four brackets isnt a bank buster, but for what looks like a basic molded plastic it seems a little high. And than on top of that adding the rod holders. If you have come across a good alternative or have experience with the sport trac system let me know

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Not much of a help but I remember looking for a different brand when I bought mine. They were only a couple bucks cheaper so I just went with the lund ones. Sorry can’t think of the name of the brand or who sold them off the top of my head.

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

I have been doing some more looking and have really only found options that are more expensive, such as the cisco which are made out of aluminum, which in that case I can understand the increased price. might just have to pay the price

CBMN
    North Metro

I have about 6 lund and 4 of these. Cheaper but screw knob can be a pain sometimes as it sticks above the gunnels. Put screw head bolts in 2 that I don’t move and left factory screw in 2 I do move. Seem as sturdy as the lund models and easier to move/lock in place tighter than the lund brackets. I think some local marines carry on hand but I googled them to find this price and it’s about half what I paid.

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-3004-3096-Straight-Accessory/dp/B005M186YY/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_1

brad__l.
    Dilworth, MN

I bought the same as CBMN has mentioned above.

catnip
    south metro

I made mine out of aluminum and used 5/16 t bolts to attach them to the rails. You can make rod holder brackets,cup holders, ash cans, phone box, tiki torch holders And whatever else you can imagine for a fraction of the price.

jtetzloff

Any way you can send a photo of your “creations” ie ashtray, can holder etc?
    THANKS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.