Lund Parent company(Brunswick) Buys Lowrance Parent Company(Navico)

• Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Brunswick has owned Motorguide for years, yet you can still get a Minn-Kota TM.

HRG

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hope this is a good thing(?)

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The dealerships decide how the boats are rigged, do they not? Of course there are incentives for them to do what brunswick wants but not all of them do it that way from what I’ve read.

Anyway, all the more reason to rig your own electronics after purchasing the boat.

mojogunter

Years ago I was playing in a golf tournament with an exec from Lund boats. At that time most motor manufacturers would sell their motor controls and gauges at a large discount to Lund to rig their boats at the factory. At that time he said that Yamaha was no longer willing to sell their controls at a discounted rate to Lund and threats to not warranty their motors if they weren’t using factory controls and gauges. I am speculating that Yamaha was hoping that if Lund were not putting their motors on a Lund, that Yamaha lovers future buyers would move to maybe G3 or a different boat brand owned by Yamaha. I think it is pretty common to buy a company to hopefully leverage buyers in their favor.

CaptainMusky

I think it is pretty common to buy a company to hopefully leverage buyers in their favor.

It is fairly common. Interestingly enough BRP bought Alumacraft a few years ago and then subsequently quit making outboards shortly there after.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.