Lowrance H2OC update question

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Hey guys, I got this questions in a PM here. It all looks right to me but maybe I’m missing something. Anyone have a suggestion?

Quote:

Hey Wade I’m trying to upgrade my OS on my H2Oc, it currently has 1.2, I have a Kingston 8 Gig SD card, went to the Lowrance site and downloaded the 1.5 upgrade, installed it to my card, put it in my gps turned it on, it goes to the start screen, then sits there for approx. 3 min with the light on, then finishes loading. When I go in and check the software version it still says 1.2. Am I doing something wrong that it’s not installing?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I could be totally wrong, but I didn’t think they could support a card as big as 8gig. Maybe the problem?

Pete

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I believe you need to have a smaller sd card. If you have a 1G card I would try that. I recently did updates on both my H2O’s and it worked fine.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

If remember right 1gb is max chip size, I would imagine that it sucessfully loaded to the chip but the H2O OS couldn’t pull data because of size. Was anything else on the 8GB chip prior to loading the update?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

If remember right 1gb is max chip size, I would imagine that it sucessfully loaded to the chip but the H2O OS couldn’t pull data because of size.

I’ve got a 2gig card in mine, The main this is to be sure the card is a ‘non-HC’ one. It will say on the packaging when purchasing

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi guys,
    Ignoring the SD card size (which can be a problem), when I look at the Lowarnce website for updates on the H2OC it looks like the lattest change for that unit is level 1.1.0 (7.1MB – 03/20/06)? The non-color H2O is level 1.5.0 This could also be a more interesting problem.

Take care,
    Roger

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Thanks for all the info guys!!! Wade posted this for me, and after reading RogerR post I went back and checked the download site and it was for the BW. When I checked the color download it was for 1.1, mine says it has 1.2 so I should be good to go. Once again thanks for the replys.

Ed

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice catch, Roger!

randy muise

hi guys.do anyone have a copy of this update. i have 2 of these GPS. i really like them and dont want to part with them
    thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.