Best Chart/Graph Settings

• cowboychincs

I posted the below under the heading of Eagle 350c, however, it is really me needing help on proper graph settings… any help is greatly appreciated!
    ===============
    Hi all… new to the group… just got the Eagle 350c for the front of my bass boat… I live on Lake Hartwell in S.C. It is a very clear lake. I have the unit mounted on the front of my bass boat to use when I am fishing from the front position. The transducer is mounted to my trolling motor. I fish for large mouth bass… so what are the optimum settings that I should use to see the underwater structure (shallower than 40 feet) and to mark fish (with arches vs. Fish ID)? I am looking for the best set of settings (charts speed, ping speed, noise filtering, depth range, etc. etc. I can use for this very clear lake with lots of bass. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried several various settings, including the factory settings, but have not found the ideal settings and thought that someone might have a good set for me to work from. I just installed it yesterday and I have the HD Lowrance at my console.. which works like a champ! Thanks for any help!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

The best settings on each and every unit vary by lake & user depending on what you want to get out of you’re sonar.

A few general settings that I generally stick with are as follows:
    Depth – no more than 10′ deeper than the depth I’m fishing in. Unless its on Lake Michigan where I might be fishing in water as deep as 150′ or more.
    Ping speed – 100%
    Chart speed – 100%

I don’t fish for bass though so you may find that these settings don’t work so well for you.

Where you adjust most of the settings will depend on many different factors.

Take water clarity for instance. Algae or other particles in the water can have a huge affect on the best sensitivity setting. With clear water, you may be able to turn the sensitivity on your unit at or near 100%. With dirty water, you will find that a high sensitivity setting will pretty much blot out all other detail.

You just need to spend some time on the water playing with this new unit. Learning the best settings for you and this new unit all comes down to time on the water.

Good luck!

Boog

cowboychincs

Thanks lots… I understand that practice is the key… but appreciate the helpful hints from all…. our lake is exceptionally clear and I fish usually shallower than 40 feet and this particular unit is up with my trolling motor… and is used while I fish from the front… thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.