Lowrance and Lakemaster

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

I bought a used Lowrance 337c and a new Lakemaster Pro 2009 chip. I thought that all I had to do was put the chip in and it would automatically activate. I have been fishing Wissota and got basic contours but not much else. During the recent FLW event I was a co-angler and fished in someone else’s boat and they had the Lowrance HD system with the Lakemaster chip and got more information. There were icons indicating fishing locations and such.

I guess I thought the chip had more information on it than what I would get from the basic built-in GPS function, but didn’t really do much research before I bought it.

Was the extra information because of the HD or is it on the chip and I need to do something to activate it?

Thanks for the help,

Dave

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

All the differance is in the HIGH DEFINITION area. The older units are not capable of displaying that much resolution.

deertracker

The Lakemaster chips are plug and play which means once you put the chip in it should come up. Not sure what foot contours you should have versus what you are showing. Do you have the latest software update? If not you can get it free in the Lowrance web site.
    DT

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Dave, I sent you a pm

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

You still need to go into your set up – can’t remember if it’s System Set Up or GPS Set Up – and choose what kind of card your unit will read. You need to choose a Lowrance card. I had the similar issue with my X-28. Felt like a dummy and was so mad that my new card didn’t work. But then my buddy asked me if I had it set to read the Lakemaster card. Voila! I hope that helps.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

When you zoom out to show the regionthe map will have a fine black line outlining the area that the chip is covering. You do have a WI chip?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.